Why This College Student Is Ready To Go Back To School

College is my happy place, and happy I shall be.

14
word press

Sure summer is fun, but you begin to miss the way your life has been for the past year. You had a social life, work life, and you were busy but you enjoyed almost every minute of it. Each college semester can be packed with stress, fun, love, sadness, and excitement but that is what we love about it. When we have friends, routine, responsibility, and happiness why would we ever leave? College can be like a super fun roller coaster, as soon as you get off, you wait in line to get right back on. Here are just a few reasons why this college student is ready to go back to school.

1. I miss my friends.

When you go to college you make friends with people from all over the place. The bad part about this is that during the summer you all go your separate ways to do your own thing and you don't see each other for three to four months. You begin to have some serious withdrawals about a month in to summer and by the time August comes around you can not wait until the first day when you are all in town and you can get the gang back together.

2. I miss the routine of classes.

Sure, by the time that the end of the semester comes around you are ready to switch it up but for the first few weeks you are so excited to get in that groove of your newly built schedule! It's nice to have a routine of what you do every week and It's almost perfect in college because by the time you get sick of it, it's finals week and you start up a new one next semester any ways. Plus, who doesn't like to know what they will be doing on tuesday at 11:00 am for the next 15 weeks.

3. I want to be on my own again

FREEDOM! If you are like me and went home for some, if not all, of the summer you will appreciate this point. It is definitely different going from college, a place where you set your own rules and do your own thing, to your parents house where you go by their rules which are only a tad bit different from yours. Being an adult is fun while you're in college because you have just enough responsibility along with the right amount of fun.

4. College is my happy place.

College is a place where people find themselves. I not only found myself but I can be myself around all of my friends that I found at college. For that reason, I am so much happier in college than I was in high school. That being said, you can begin to understand why I would want to get out of the town where the dreaded high school years took place and go to the place where the best years of my life have been. College is my happy place, and happy I shall be.