Why I Take Friendships So Seriously

Why I Take Friendships So Seriously

My friends will always be apart of my family.
198

Ever since I was younger, I always took my friendships so seriously. Every weekend in middle school, I would beg my parents for sleepovers. I always felt so confident and happy around my friends, so why wouldn't I want that all the time?

Over my high school years, I began to realize that I relied on my friendships sometimes way more than other people did. I never had a sister, and at that time my older brother already had his own life. My friendships were a way of feeling like I had sisters.

I would always go to my best friends house, sometimes when she wasn't even home to just use her pool, and she was totally okay with that. Other times, my friends would show up unannounced and just want to grab an ice cream and talk about life. This is very normal to enjoy time with friends, but as I get older I seem to realize that some people don't think like me or agree.

I understand how we all need alone time, but I thrive in social settings and feel more myself around others. I am very extroverted. I feel even more lonely when I am alone. Trust me, I don't want to be around others 24/7 but I would rather be with others than alone.

If I am by myself and having a bad day, I would 100% want to be surrounded by people who love me and cheer me up, then be by myself overthinking situations.

In college, I also realized this more. My dorm is an open space, my friends are welcome anytime. There are some people that guard their dorm with their life, and only hang out, outside of it. That is totally okay people, are different. For me, I would rather be welcoming and feel more comfortable inviting my friends over, because my home is their home.

I now understand that my friendships are so special to me because I treat them all like my sisters and vise versa. My friend group in high school has been my rock throughout life thus far, and they will always be apart of my family.

(Shoutout to you GLAM 9 <3)