Why Summer Can Be A Bummer

Why Summer Can Be A Bummer

15
Why Summer Can Be A Bummer

Taking classes during the summer down right sucks. Taking three classes is horrendous. Taking three classes while working a job, having an internship and trying to have a social life- death is coming my way.

Trust me when I say that summer school isn't fun. I still haven't been able to beat the typical, "I never know what day it is," syndrome that everyone gets during the summer months. I also procrastinate like it's nobodys' business. I have 110 statistics problems that are due tomorrow. Oops.

Checking my Snapchat and seeing everyone having a grand time at the beach, partying or just reading a book breaks my heart. I have to be stuck inside, whether at work, my internship, or doing homework. Yes, I do have perks at work, like 50 percent off food and I do have plenty of down time to read my Steven King book, 11/22/63, but by the time I get off it's at least 9 p.m. I'm tired, cranky and just want to stay in my bed for the rest of my life. So, I go home, fall asleep and wake up at 10 a.m. the next day. Then, I am off to my internship. If I'm lucky, it's a volunteer outing day and I go out into the world, giving back for a few hours, and then I can go home. If I'm not lucky, I'm stuck in the office all day. 

After all that, I still have to find time for homework and I'm quickly realizing that if I don't stay caught up, I'll be drowning. Papers for English, 80 problems for stats homework, quizzes and tests for micro, let's just say three classes is a huge load. On top of all that, I still have to find time to eat dinner with my family, spend the night with girlfriends and do exciting things with my boyfriend. I clearly overestimated how well I could handle all of this. I also thought, "Even if it does get a little hectic, I'll be able to just take a break from work." Or I'll just stop volunteering for a little while. But, how can I tell the community I'm not available? How can I turn down money that I'm going to need for all the crafts I want to make? I can't. So I'm swimming in my tears from many late nights of homework. No parties for me. 

If you were ever thinking about taking classes in the summer, don't. Especially, don't take three. It's awful and I hate it. I know you will, too. Stick to taking the full load in fall and spring, when you have several months to slack off and still be able to catch up while going to all the date parties and formals. 

But if you decide to ignore my advice, just make sure you have an agenda book to keep track of when all the homework is due. So far, that's really helped, although not nearly enough.