Why I Study Science

Why I Study Science

I am a Physics major and here are the reasons I chose to study a STEM field

31
Why I Study Science
SciJinks

I am a first-year Physics major at the College of Wooster. Since I was in Kindergarten, I took part in my school's science fair program. I continued until I was a senior in high school. From this, I developed a love for science. The real reason I am in a STEM major is because I love it.

There is nothing I love more then finally breaking out of the confusion from not being able to solve a problem to figuring out the answer. I love being able to discover something I wasn't able to understand before. It is one of the most amazing feelings.

I also love research. I am a research assistant this semester. I am working with fire spirals and attempting to create them experimentally, which has not been done before. I love the idea of working on something that other people have not done before. I love being able to discover things and do work that other people may have never even imagined.

I study science because I love it, but I also study science because I want to know more. I always want to know more. But here is the interesting thing about science, the more you learn, the more you realize we actually don't know. That is where it gets really fun, but also super confusing. The more I learn, the more I realize that I can learn everything we know about the universe and still not have barely scrapped the edge of what is possible.

That is the biggest part of why I study science. I don't want to just know what we already know. I don't want to just see what other people have seen. I want the opoortunity to see what other people could not even dream of seeing and start from there. I want to be able to know more even if I don't know where the more will lead, yet.