Why It Should Be All Lives Matter

Why It Should Be All Lives Matter

I am not against the Black Lives Matter movement, I just believe there are other things that need to be brought to our attention.

2071
Why It Should Be All Lives Matter
Dortheacarney

We all know the new Black Lives Matter movement and whether or not you keep up with it, we all have our own opinions. But I would like to educate you on an opinion not many people seem to have. Whether you agree or not, it's OK. We all have our own opinions, and I am not asking you to change yours, but I would like to allow you to see another side of the argument.

Let me start with my argument: All lives matter. But before you get mad or think I'm just an over-privileged white person, I am not by any means fighting for "all lives matter" the same way you see it perceived in the news. I am fighting for equality, for freedom and for peace among all races.

I do in fact believe black lives matter, but I do not believe we should only be concerned with the casualties that have been happening among the black community. We should be concerned with all races. For instance, what about the Muslims who have trouble flying, or going anywhere in general without people labeling them a terrorist? People watch their every move because no one seems to be able to trust them, and it's all because of their religion and their looks. So I am fighting that Muslim lives matter.

Or what about the Mexicans? Everyone always wonders if they have their green card, or say the Mexican took their job. Even though the "Mexican" was really born in America or got their citizenship. So I am fighting for Hispanic lives matter.

What about the white man who is labeled as wealthy and over privileged? But really they could be living in poverty, or maybe they are rich but fought to get there. So I am fighting that white lives matter.

Then there is the black community. They have suffered several deaths just recently, they are labeled as "ghetto" and "no good." But they can succeed just as well as anyone else -- plenty of them are just like me and you, but no one gives them a chance to prove themselves. So I am fighting for black lives matter.

And what about refugees who try to come to America? We push them out. We should accept them in their time of need and stand with them and fight for equality. They may not be Americas, but their lives matter, too. So I fight for all lives matter.

Among every race we see death, labels and hate. But right now the media is only portraying the black casualties, so we miss out on the troubles of everyone else. If we came together to support all races, to support each other when there is a casualty, to fight against labels there would not be a race that felt as if they were lower than others. I firmly believe that we need to focus on black lives and improving the stereotypes and casualties that have been happening, but we also need to stand for every race as they face their daily problems. So, when I say all lives matter, I do not mean that black lives shouldn't be focused on, I believe there are problems among everyone that should be brought to our attention and changed.

My argument stands: All lives matter.