Why Painting Coolers Is An Important Part Of Fraternity Formals

3284

It's that time of the year ladies. Time to pull out the paint supplies and (several) bottles of wine because it's time for formals. Time to get as artistic as you or your friends can possibly get so that the frat guy that asked you to go on formal with him will have the perfect cooler. I'm currently in the process of painting two coolers, one for my boyfriend and one for a fraternity brother of his. I've got a long a difficult couple of weeks ahead of me, but it'll all be worth it.

When I tell people I am making these coolers they just kind of look at me like I'm crazy and say there's no point to it, but that's just because they don't get it. They don't understand why I and many other girls feel the need to put so much time and effort in to a cooler that will probably go under appreciated for the energy put in to it and end up getting trashed. But that's not the point of painting coolers. Painting coolers is a way of saying thank you for being taken to formal. It's a way of covering some of the costs associated with formal. Your date pays for the trip and you pay for the cooler. I think this is a fair trade. I consider myself to be artistic and so I really enjoy making coolers as I'm sure plenty of people do. I am not saying, by any means, that these coolers are easy to paint because trust me they are not. I just enjoy seeing what I and other people can transform a boring cooler in to. Obviously not everyone enjoys painting coolers, but it is important that you still do. Even if you are sick and tired of painting coolers get creative! Paint a flask or a "bubba keg" or something to show your appreciation because although there are frat guys out there who don't care, there are other frat guys out there that do appreciate what you do. As to the girls who refuse to make coolers and force the guys to make their own cooler or go without something, shame on you, you don't deserve to go to formal.