Why It Is Okay To Be "Tinderella"

Why It Is Okay To Be "Tinderella"

Maybe you don't always have to lose your glass slipper to find your prince.

4068
Why It Is Okay To Be "Tinderella"

Tinderella, a term used by many to refer to the princess of Tinder, or the girl in which every guy does not want to lose on Tinder. For some of you who do not know, Tinder is an online dating app created as if eHarmony had a lovechild with Match.com. We have all heard of or have used the online dating app. A simple swipe right, an anticipated wait, and a final match between you and your potential new guy is all that is needed to become "Tinder crazed." While image is a vital key to the attraction between a relationship, we all know you cannot fall for someone by simply viewing a picture of them; therefore, an option is given to the user which allows the ability to chat with the other person, so that they can get to know them better. With the new idea of online dating evolving, many turn to this app in hopes to find a potential guy who perfectly suites the image and personality of the terms "boyfriend material" or "Prince Charming."

All little girls are heavily influenced with the idea of a Prince Charming. While most grow up in an environment full of love taught by their parents, the simple act of love is exposed daily to the world of the future generation. After watching my parents fall in and out of love over the years, when I was younger I could not wait to grow up and find my own prince one day. Whether it was the daily love stories found all across the channels on the television, or the heavily influential Disney movies, most of us girls only hoped to obtain a love life somewhat like Disney's beloved princess, Cinderella. Tinder users are given the role of both Cinderella and her prince, as they are given the power to hand pick (or swipe right) the guy in which they choose. This new feeling of empowerment creates a satisfying feeling of control, which allows you too to feel like the princess you deserve to be.

Although Tinder dating can be fun and adventurous, there are a few safety rules that should be remembered. Here are a few examples:

• Never give out too much personal information, such as phone number and address, right away. This can often lead you to the "creepers" of the world rather than your "Mr. Right."
  • For your first Tinder date, you should ALWAYS meet in a public place instead of an unpopulated area. After all, Cinderella did not meet her Prince Charming in a dark alley on 9th Avenue.
  • Lastly, if the idea of your Tinder date has got you with the jitters then bring along a friend. No shame in your best girlfriend meeting your potential new guy.

As time changes, many turn to the newer technology of dating, such as Tinder. As a once user of the application myself, the endless swiping and constant matching led me to my Prince Charming which allowed me to appreciate the value in this app. Whether it be 200 matches or just two, you could become Tinderella with your new Tinderfella just like I did.