Why Nick Shouldn't Be The Next Bachelor

Why Nick Shouldn't Be The Next Bachelor

Seriously, where's Luke?

7
Why Nick Shouldn't Be The Next Bachelor
ABC News

On the Tuesday, August 30 episode of “After Paradise,” with just one week before the “Bachelor in Paradise” season three finale, hosts Michelle Collins and Sean Lowe announced that two-time “Bachelorette” runner-up Nick Viall will be the next Bachelor. While it was tacky to make the announcement before the finale, thus spoiling part of it, Bachelor Nation has other reasons to be disappointed with the producers’ pick. Here’s why they should have picked someone else.

He’s had multiple chances on the other “Bachelor” shows.

He was on “The Bachelorette” twice and is (technically) currently on “Bachelor in Paradise,” so this will be his fourth chance at finding love within the franchise. By becoming the Bachelor for next season, he’s completing the trifecta and will have appeared on all three “Bachelor” shows by next summer (the current ones anyway – ignoring the canceled “Bachelor Pad”). Good for him, but give it a rest, already. Some of us are tired of seeing the same face every single season. Has Nick not heard of Tinder?

He wasn’t even likable during his earlier appearances – he was made out to be one of, if not the villain of both “Bachelorette” seasons he was on. He practically invited himself onto Kaitlyn’s season – that doesn’t help his case. He kind of redeemed himself this summer on “Paradise,” but by this point we’re bored with him and want to see someone new on our screens. One or two appearances on any “Bachelor” show isn’t too bad, but you have to stop at some point before it gets weird.

There were plenty of decent guys on JoJo’s season.

Sure, they didn’t make it to the end like they probably should have – the best guys never do – but that isn’t necessarily a requirement for being considered for The Bachelor. I’m obviously talking about Luke, of course, but Chase or Wells would have also been good picks. They’re friendly, charming and actually serious about finding love as opposed to fame. Oh, and they’re all good looking – definitely faces that would have been nice to look at for an entire season. Nick is rather a controversial pick – don’t choose him just because he’s “interesting” and “grabs attention.”

Seriously, were none of them available for filming or something? As much as we’d like to think that Luke was approached and turned the offer down, based on some of the guys’ reaction tweets that might not have been the case. Knowing that he most likely wasn’t even asked kind of sucks. It would’ve been a great season. Maybe there’s hope for next time? It would be hard to believe that none of them were interested. But I digress.

With the possibility of watching either Luke or Chase fall in love again, many fans were looking forward to the new season of “The Bachelor,” so Nick being chosen is quite the disappointing surprise. Better luck next time, I guess. At least now I don’t have to worry about choosing between this and “Supergirl” come January. But even if some people aren’t watching the show now, I’m sure this will still be “the most dramatic season ever” – until the next one.

Are you excited that Nick is going to be the next Bachelor? Or would you have preferred Luke or Chase instead? Tell us in the comments!