Do You Really Need To Move Out?

Do You Really Need To Move Out?

Or are you just trying to escape?

121
Do You Really Need To Move Out?
phillyaptrentals.com

Life as an adult is hard.

Do you really need to move out?

Trust me, I know what it feels like to move out. You're over curfews, you want to be able to do whatever you want, you're craving independence, you want to party without having to sneak out, or maybe because you want to live with your best friend/boyfriend. You just want freedom. And I get that, I really do. Don't we all? But before you make that decision, keep reading...

Here are some reasons why you shouldn't move out, yet:

There are so many bills...

If you don't own a car, you will probably have to buy one and then pay for insurance. Your parents won't be paying your phone bill anymore. Not to mention the rent bill, the electricity bill, the water bill,and the gas bill, etc. Mommy and Daddy won't be taking you to the mall for school shopping. You will have to buy your own food. And you better get to making that budget that you're now on.

Did you think the apartment was going to be furnished?

You will be surprised how much you will need and how fast it will add up. Everything from dish soap and toilet paper to vacuums, curtains, furniture, appliances, pots and pans, etc. You get the point. How much does all of that cost? Make a list of the things you will need, then add it up. Still want to move out?

You will be stressed out more than you are now. Believe me.

If you are going to school, or planning to further your education, stay at home! Think about it. At your age you will probably be earning minimum wage, if you even have a job. Let's face it, you don't have a degree; and even if you did, it wouldn't be as easy getting a job as soon as you'd want to. So you'd have to be working full-time to keep your apartment because you most likely would be getting evicted if you worked part-time because you didn't have the means to pay. If you're working full-time, when are you able to study? When are you able go to school? When do you have time to write that 10-page essay? Even if you were able to do that, think about your health. Your health, a very vital part of your young life, wouldn't be as great because you wouldn't be getting enough sleep. Is it worth it?

Are you going to eat out all the time?

If you work all the time, will you have the energy to make yourself a meal? Oh wait, there's probably no food in the refrigerator but the leftover pizza from Sunday night. You probably forgot to go grocery shopping, again.

Who's the stranger peeking at your window?

You are a victim if you live alone. There are some creepy people out there who might try to rob you. Chances are you will get hurt because you're all alone. Have you ever heard true creepy stories on YouTube? Well, you should. Try searching true home-alone scary stories.

Roommates?

You'd be lucky if you found an apartment for $400 a month, but then again if you did it would probably be a terrible neighborhood. Anyway, they're more like $1,200 a month. You might be considering roommates, and unless they're close friends, you can't really trust anyone. What if they're not responsible and don't give their monthly share? Then what? Also, you would have to decide who does laundry on what days and who will clean on what days. You don't really get privacy with a friend or roommate living with you. But the worst is that it kind of changes your relationship with them because you live with them. They will know the real you; you will get annoyed of each other and argue a lot. Depending on your personalities, think twice before making a commitment like that.

Do you still NEED to move out? Or do you just want to?

I'm not stopping you. I'm letting you know the reality of it. It's hard. I'm not here to sugarcoat the truth. I would stay at home, since you don't have to pay rent, and save as much money as I could before moving out. Have a budget, and be familiar with your budget. Be financially stable to move out. I wouldn't want to live paycheck to paycheck. Would you? Just have a plan is what I'm saying. Don't make a decision when you're upset, either -- you'll regret it.

With that being said, I hope you make a rational decision. And if you are still moving out, good luck! By all means do whatever makes you happy. Have a wonderful day.