7 Reasons Marty's Place Is The Best Dining Hall At CofC

The music to the food to the design, it is all-around a great place.
64

Dining halls. Before coming to college I assumed I wouldn't eat at dining halls. The stigma against dining halls and how nasty they were terrified me. In my mind, I thought there were just be day old pizza available, some type of mystery meat, or out of season fruit. Now in college, I can gladly say I was wrong. At the College of Charleston, there is a dining hall called Marty's Place. Below are all the reasons why Marty's is the best dining hall on CofC's campus.

1. It is vegetarian, vegan, and kosher

Do I need to say more? College food and healthy, doesn't get better than that.

2. IT IS A MEAL SWIPE

Meal swipes mean you can go as often as you want as long as there is a break of 30 minutes in between. Not in the mood for a full-on meal? Get the three side options with fruit, pita chips, and cauliflower as a snack. Feeling a little extra hungry? Order a meal at Marty's with friends and stay there for at least 30 minutes, then before leaving you can use a meal swipe and get a dessert.

3. The modern design

As soon as you walk into Marty's, you can see the modern design and feel. It genuinely feels like a healthy version of Panera Bread. You can walk up to the counter and order and it makes you feel like a civilized human being, unlike the other dining halls where it is buffet style.

4. The menu changes weekly

Not feeling the menu this week? Just known the menu changes weekly so there is always a variety. Each menu has a lot of selections whether it is the salad of the day, the meal of the day, or just a typical entree. My personal favorites are the lentil burger but sometimes switch it up and get the falafel wrap. My go-to side is the sriracha cauliflower, legit tastes like spicy chicken wings.

5. Your food is made to order

It is like a restaurant. Not a fan of mayo? Ask for it on the side or no sauce at all. Want sriracha cauliflower but afraid of how spicy it is? Ask for half the sauce to make it more enjoyable.

6. The staff

Everyone who works there is so nice. They actually care about you and ask how you're day was. Also since your food is made to order, when it's ready they call your name.

7. The music

Marty's place has the jams. They place some sweet throwback music and it makes for a great time with friends.

I hope you now realize how great Marty's is. If you haven't been, now you realize why you need to go.