Why We Love Walker McGuire

Why We Love Walker McGuire

Such a relatable singer, whom I love.

60
Why We Love Walker McGuire

WALKER MCGUIRE!! I have a odd obsession lately with their music. It makes me laugh and even makes me think about my life and my choices. Usually, I end up talking to my roommate about how it relates to me in such a weird way. Here are 4 main reasons why I love Walker McGuire and I encourage everyone to YouTube them.

1. He relates to me on a personal level

The songs they sing are very relatable. The song "Mixed Drinks", is about a girl who just got her heartbroken. She's sitting at a bar and losing could of how many drinks she has been "throwing back". I feel everyone can relate to this song. We may not be okay with the way we chose to overcome a heartbreak, but we find a way to justify it and make it seem "okay".

2. His songs are about real life issues, and not getting drunk and making love

They don't sing about just finding a hot girl and taking her home. They sing about heartbreak and the real issues behind it. He sings about getting drunk and forgetting a girls name. Like come on, we've all been there.

3. THEY ARE FLAT OUT AMAZING.

Do I need more of an explanation??

4. It's a different taste of music than traditional country

I love country music. I love that all of Walker McGuire music is so different than any other country music I've ever heard. The sounds are different, the lyrics are different and the songs are so relatable. I feel like a broken record but every time I listen to their music I think about my life and my choices. I laugh at the stupid mistakes I've made and they mention them.

I didn't even know Walker McGuire until late this summer. They are now my absolute favorite. I tear up when their songs play. I encourage everyone to go google Walker McGuire. Their story is so amazing and they have such a passion for singing. I love Walker McGuire and encourage everyone to go see why I love them so much.