Why I Love Spring

Why I Love Spring

Spring is my favorite season because it's simply the best.

705
Why I Love Spring

It seems like everyone's favorite season is either summer or fall. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those two seasons just as much as the next guy, but spring is my favorite. It doesn't seem like this would be that unpopular of an opinion, right? Wrong. Every time I tell someone that spring is my favorite, I get cries of, "Why? Summer/fall is way better than spring!" Since I've been asked this question oh-so-many times, I thought I would settle it once and for all here, where everyone can read it. Why do I like spring?

Everything comes back to life. It's when the flowers start peekng out of the ground, appearing almost overnight. One second, it's just a patch of barren mulch and the next there's a bunch of little green buds ready to pop open with a burst of color. I almost feel like I'm coming back to life with all of the plants. Even the "weeds" make me smile in the springtime. I love the dandelions and those little white flowers that pop open when you touch them. After winter, when everything is just dead and sad, spring's lively personality really cheers me up.

It's not too hot or too cold. You start being able to go outside without 5 layers on. Leave the scarf, gloves, winter coat, snow boots, and hat in your dorm room! Even before it really heats up, a light jacket will suffice. The real pleasure is that first day of spring when it hits 70 degrees with some clouds but not too many, that day when you wear a tank top outside and you don't feel like you're going to freeze to death, that day when you can break the shorts out of storage. On the other hand, it's not so hot that you feel certain your skin is going to peel off the second you walk outside. Everyone may think they want to go outside in the summer, but we all know spring is where it's at.

It makes me feel productive. I don't know what it is about the warm weather, but once it's consistently in the 60's or higher I turn into a cleaning and homework machine. All winter long, all I've wanted to do is eat, sleep, and on occasion play video games. Now that it's warm out, I feel like a functioning member of society again. Spring cleaning fever is real, people! It's a good feeling.

It's the end of the semester and the school year. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure, finals are stressful, but when spring first begins, finals aren't breathing down everyone's necks yet. At this point in the semester, I feel like I have my life under pretty good control and I can make it to the summer without too much stress.

These are just a couple of reasons why I love spring so much. Yes, I know spring is rainy, and yes, I know there is no school in the summertime. I am aware that spring can be cold and snowy, at least in the beginning. In spite of this, spring is, and always will be, my favorite season.