A Letter to My Mom

A Letter to My Mom

I look up to you every day.

51
A Letter to My Mom
Google

“The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best friend that I ever had.”

~ Anonymous

Mothers. They do so much for their family that they sometimes don’t get the break they know they deserve. My mom does so much for my family and myself... along with others. She’s the best mom a daughter could ask for and without her I don’t know what I’d do. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I look up to you every day; you're the best role model in the world. You’ve taught me so much throughout the years that I don’t think I’ve told you how much I appreciate it, so this letter is my way of showing it.

Dear Mom,

I love you so much that sometimes I think I don’t tell you enough. You’re the one person who knows me inside and out. You always know the right thing to say when it comes to any situation, whether it’s with boys, friends, school, or if I simply need some cheering up. I’m sorry that I don’t tell you a lot about my life, especially when it comes to boys. I don’t want you to know or feel the pain that I’ve been through because when I’m heartbroken, you are too. I know that you simply want the best for me and tell me that the man of my dreams will eventually come into my life. You’ve found the man of your dreams and it makes me so happy seeing you and dad together. It gives me that hope that I’ll be that happy when the time is right.

You’re one of the many people I know who has such a big heart, so that’s probably where I get it from too. You have so much love to give that you deserve that love in return. You let anyone who comes into our house know that our house is theirs too and you’ll treat them like they are one of your children (even though deep down I know you’re happy they aren’t because two is more than enough to handle). Whenever you walk into a room it instantly brightens and anyone who is in that room can feel the love that you have. But more importantly, whenever I see you, I instantly smile and know my day will get better simply because you’re there to support me through it all.

As the years have gone by I regret not spending enough time with you. When grandma left it made my heart break; seeing you so torn up made me devastated. It made me realize how quickly those you love go from your life. I can’t imagine what it’s like losing my mom too soon. But whenever we’re together something crazy and unexpected happens, whether it’s trying to open a car that’s not yours, falling on the sidewalk, getting a spa day, or mistaking a stranger for someone we know. I treasure the moment’s we’re together because I’m nothing but happy and moments like those are what make us closer whether you know it or not, and I always look forward to the next time it’s just you and me.

Thank you for putting up with me throughout the years; I don’t know how you did it, from my temper (which I get from dad), to fighting with Howard, to my stubbornness (which I get from you). You’ve done it for 21 years, what’s a few more? But that’s what moms do because they love you unconditionally. I look back at those moments and I’m sometimes ashamed because I know that there are times when I’ve treated you badly. I think that because of those moments I’ve failed you, and that’s something no child wants to feel. I want to become the daughter that you’re proud of because I strive to be her every day.

Throughout my life I’ve lost people that I care about, especially friends. But the one thing I didn’t lose? You. You’ve been there by my side through everything and that’s one of the best things a daughter could ask for. You’ve been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, or someone to look to for advice. You’ve been to all of my concerts and performances; you’re my number one fan. You know how to make me laugh and cry, but you always know how to make me feel better, whether it’s a shopping spree, chocolate, or just crying until all the tears are gone. You are such an amazing person and I don’t think you know how amazing you are. I know that my biological mom is out there somewhere, but I know that nobody, not even she, could take your place in my heart. You’ve made me into the person I am today and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’ll love you always and forever. Don’t forget that.