Why I Love Having A Big Family

Why I Love Having A Big Family

We are never alone.

566
Why I Love Having A Big Family
liturgyguy.files

There is nothing better in this world than feeling loved and supported unconditionally. It's not easy to experience these feelings from people that you have recently met or even from those you have known for such a long time. This feeling is the most pure from your loved ones. Your family is the one who will always have your back, and they truly want the best for you. They are the ones who want to see you succeed, be happy, and accomplish your dreams. Family is like no other, and I feel the most comfortable with them!

I am from a very big supportive family. I can't even begin to count how many cousins I have. At every family event there's an old familiar face to engage with! It's the best feeling to look around a crowded room and know that everyone is related in some way shape or form and we all have gotten together just to see each other. Now, I'm not saying that a bigger family is better than a smaller family but, there are so many perks that come with the extra family members.

First off, when you have a big family, you are always in constant communication with them. You will never feel alone because there is always someone to talk to! My family and I, like many other families, are not always together. Being that I am away at college in another state, my brother is 21 and traveling, that leaves my little sister, mom and dad at home. We all miss each other so much but we never go a day without speaking thanks to our 15 person group chat (grandma and uncles included) that we constantly send "I miss you" messages, funny videos, and memes in. I can always feel connected and even get a laugh out of our conversations.

Next, a big family means big parties. Graduations, holidays, birthdays, etc. are all huge celebrations! At these parties you can't help but to feel loved and you don't get tired of hearing how proud or excited your family members are for you. It's the perfect environment. Our parties are filled with live music, jokes, and games. There is never a dull moment or a doubt that you are indeed appreciated and loved.

lastly, this may not seem like a positive aspect but trust that it is. Big families tend to be spread out all over the country. I know I have cousins in several different states. Some are in Georgia, Illinois, and my home state of New Jersey. My grandparents are also all the way in Arizona. This gives me opportunity to go see them, or to even have a place to say when I am traveling. It's a great feeling to know that wherever I chose to go there may be family close by to go see and spend time with.

I am so thankful that I am never alone because I am a part of a big affectionate family.