Why I Look Up To My Boyfriend

Why I Look Up To My Boyfriend

7023
Why I Look Up To My Boyfriend
marsgonemad.com

Having someone to look up to is a good thing. Maybe role models are things you outgrew in middle or high school, but I believe it's a healthy thing to have someone close to you to look up to. Being in a relationship involves getting to know someone like nobody else does. Assuming it's not a long distance relationship, you two are in constant contact with each other. You see things in your significant other that people from the outside just don't understand. It might sound like an obsession, infatuation or love, but whatever you want to call it, your significant other becomes someone you look up to, admire and respect. I can tell you that my boyfriend is sort of a "role model" to me, you could say. Here's why.

He's polite and well-mannered. Not only to me, but to strangers as well. He says "please" and "thank you" and holds doors for strangers. This shouldn't be that surprising, but I've been shocked at how many times I've seen elderly people struggle with doors because some a**hole in front of them didn't bother to hold the door (of course he, I, or someone else goes to the rescue in these situations).

He's straightforward. He will be upfront about things (anything) and isn't shy about what he says. Women tend to be passive aggressive about things and that usually backfires. Confidence in men get a thumbs-up from me.

He has the ability to let go of anger at a reasonable time. I find this to be true in most men. Fights happen, and men seem to let go of the anger much faster than women. Even when I know I don't have a reason to be angry anymore, I still am for some reason. Why, self?

He's easy to talk to.It's great being in a relationship with your best friend. There aren't a lot of people in the world that I'm comfortable talking to about anything and everything. I wish more people in my life were easier to talk to.

He's in good physical shape. He's so pleasant to look at and is in good, healthy shape. This is a trait I admire very much in both men and women. Staying in shape is hard work. Not that I would know, though.

He is always looking for opportunities to learn.Every second that he's not doing schoolwork, eating or sleeping, he's trying to learn something new. He has recordings of lectures that we listen to on car rides sometimes. If everyone were as knowledge-hungry as he is, we would all be in a lot better of a place right now.

He makes me want to be the best person I can be. This is one of those things I'd heard a million times but never understood until now. I want to live to my full potential not just because he deserves the best, but because he inspires me to be the best.

Being in a relationship shouldn't mean trying to "compete" with your significant other, but looking to each other for inspiration and how to make yourself a better person. As you can probably tell, all of these traits could apply to anyone who you admire. Admiring someone from afar or a celebrity is fine, but having someone who is that close and intimate to look up to is a different story. Now you have the ability to open up to them, learn about them, and give them the opportunity to learn about you as well. You are in a relationship with this person for a reason. Take a minute to think about those reasons -- do you look up to your significant other?