Why It's Perfectly Fine If Things Don't Work Out

"Sometimes it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

29
Cloud Front

In our lifetime, we have almost an infinite possibility when it comes to options: who to date, where to work, where to go, etc. If you can dream it. you can make it happen.

However, we're always surprised when our plans don't work out the way we wanted them to. The job we wanted turns out to be something we end up hating, our trips and vacations fall short or get cancelled, and our relationships may not last or end up where we wanted them. So we end up in this cycle of searching, for the better job, or the grander adventure, or a longer relationship.

And that's ok.

Many of us are still in college, which, in essence, is just a better organized version of high school. There is still a fair share of drama, and a lot of it is just people trying to figure themselves out. I'm still considered a recent graduate, and I am still very much in that same boat. A lot of the time, people think that the relationships they form in college are the ones that will be "the final ones", and then boom, they're married and happy and all that noise, or the job they get right out of college will be the one to help them get rid of student loans. Some of the time, this is true. But life has a tendency to be a little bit of a bully. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to throw a cloud of pessimism over everything. I'm not coming here to tell everyone that things are terrible and all that nonsense.

What I want people to know is that, despite whatever negative things happen, whether its loss of a job or ending up with a less-than-satisfactory job, ending a relationship, or just not knowing who you are or what you want to do, it's all ok.

There are other jobs, there are other chances to have adventures, and there's plenty of people out there. Our time frame from leaving high-school and going to even our late 20's and early 30's are supposed to be our time for discovering who WE are, what we want in life, and what we want to do. So don't feel bad if you lose a job, or if a relationship doesn't work out.

Take the time to come to terms, and keep searching.

It'll all work out in the end.