Why It's OK To Lose Friends

Why It's OK To Lose Friends

The people who are meant to be in your life will never have to be chased

1013
Why It's OK To Lose Friends

There are many people I expected to have in my life forever that are no longer here. Some were taken from me before I could say goodbye, some left and didn’t look back, and some I made leave.

When you make friends you want them to be in your life forever, but that’s unfortunately not always the case-- and that’s okay.

I’ve had friends who didn’t deserve my friendship, friends who I’d bend over backward for who didn’t appreciate it. To those friends, all I have to say is thank you, you taught me that I shouldn’t have to put so much effort into a friendship, especially if I’m the only one doing so.

There’s no reason why a “friend” would take advantage of you... I’ve had friends who chose drugs over me. Those friends taught me who I am and what I’m not okay with. I’ve realized that being around drugs, and toxic people is not something that I’m okay with, or comfortable with.

Losing friends teaches you a lot, you begin to realize what you really want in the company you keep. I don’t need many friends to be happy, I just need people I can trust.

Your friends should be people who you can confide in, and people you know will tell you if there’s a problem. There’s no need to keep the people who talk about you behind your back around, they’re just going to hurt you in the long run. If a friendship is not bringing you happiness, there is no reason to keep that friendship.

The people who are meant to be in your life will never have to be chased, if they don’t want to be there let them go, I promise you’ll be so much happier.

Sometimes people just drift apart, and that’s okay, life happens. Just because I’m not friends with some people anymore doesn’t mean I regret having their friendship, people will forever come in and out of your life.

Although people come and go, I don’t regret any friendship I’ve had because it made me the person I am today.