Why It’s A Great Thing To Have A Pet

Why It’s A Great Thing To Have A Pet

Having a pet to love is a really special thing.

9
Why It’s A Great Thing To Have A Pet

Having a pet is a really great thing; it can bring so many great things to your life and really open your eyes. Pets give you the type of unconditional love that sometimes people take for granted. This is part of the reason why I decided to write the reasons why I am happy that I have a cute little Chihuahua to love. I’ve had him since third grade and while he may no longer be young enough to be classified as a puppy, that's how I'll always view him.

• They offer great comfort: Whether you’re sad, happy or just need something to cuddle with, a pet is always there in your time of need. They’re cute and furry and always up for a cuddle session.
  • They are great listeners: Whether you need to vent about how your best friend or boyfriend annoyed you, or you're stressing about an exam, a pet is a great excuse to talk to yourself without feeling weird about it. Your dog or cat knows exactly what you’re talking about and what you mean.
  • They don’t judge you: When you go for a second scoop of ice cream or when you cry at sappy movies, they don’t tell you how ridiculous you look, like your best friend or mom might do.
  • They’re great stress relievers: It’s proven that petting and loving a pet can relieve stress and make a person feel better. This is great for college students because there’s stress and pressure on our shoulders about 24/7.
  • They’re cute to look at: Pretty much all pets are cute, unless you have a snake or tarantula. They also do some pretty cute and funny stuff, which always seems to make me a bit happier.
  • You can dress them up: You’re too young to have a baby to dress up in cute clothes, but you can dress up your dog or cat. Maybe not so much a cat, but definitely a dog. They don’t make all those cute dog costumes and clothes for no reason.
  • They give you a sense of responsibility: Having to take care of something other than yourself, which also happens to be a living thing, is a big deal. Making sure they’re fed and clean and happy, all while you’re also trying to make sure that you’re fed and clean and happy, is not an easy task.
  • They can be entertaining: Whether it’s because they are chasing their tales or they are trying to get you to play tug of war with them, pets can be funny and a great way to pass the time.
  • They give unconditional love: Pets give so much love, it's crazy. Even if a dog or cat has been abused before, they’re ready to have a home to love again. Every time you come home, they’re there ready to greet you and love you. Which I think happens to be really special.
From Your Site Articles