Don't Rewrite The Past

Don't Rewrite The Past

Why it's better to turn the page instead.

12
Don't Rewrite The Past
Sun Mag

Only you know just how far you can let things go...

Sometimes it takes a lot of heartache and pain to realize what is really good for you, and until you get to that stage of your pain, you will know that going back to him is not an option. I can tell you now that your heart will be at ease knowing that too. You will understand everything with much more clarity.

It bothers me so much that you would even think to consider that you and I can ever be again. What makes you think that you can just come in and out a girl's life as you please and think she'll take you back? Or even consider it after all the damage you've done to her? That's just crazy if you ask me!

I mean, really, how can you even consider going back to someone who in the beginning did just about everything to sweep you off your feet, only to destroy every inch of you down the line?

Things like this happen. I'm sure you may know someone or you yourself have been in a situation like this. All I can say is that if it hasn't yet happened, be prepared. It will come sooner or later. Whatever you do, make sure you think it through entirely.

So yes, at first you might feel like it's a hard decision, but it's not, and here's why: your heart may still be with him because it's all you've come to know, and if he also happens to have been your first love, it's harder, but do your best not to let the fact that he was mean get in the way. I can tell you that at this point in time you're just attached to the idea of him, not that your still in love, because your not.

You have to remember where you stand as of now without him, and in that moment you will realize that you've accomplished something you feared or thought would be impossible for you to do. Sure, it may have taken some time to get there or maybe you're still in that process, and that's OK. You will see the light at the end of the tunnel, my dear.

So take a breather. This will definitely be a lot to take in, so allow yourself the time to let really sink. You will have to think "long term!!" I get that you may have a long history with him or that you never thought you would even be put in a situation like this to begin with, but the truth is ugly. I can tell you this: if he was capable of making all the right moves for you to fall in love with him, he can easily turn on you without hesitation, and somewhere down the road, if you take him back, it will only come back to hunt you.

I just feel like you must be aware once he cheats he's bound to do it again, because by then he would have mastered knowing just how to manipulate you and do with you as he pleases. I know you're worth a lot more, so don't settle for someone who never knew how to appreciate you when he first had you. Someone like that doesn't deserve you. Remember this if you were a second choice to him. He's not worth a second chance.

It may feel as though your heart is breaking all over again, but the truth is that some people aren't meant to stay in our lives. The ones who come and go are meant to be life lessons taught, and that's a thing only in time you will understand. Don't ever let your past, let alone a guy like that, be the reason you miss out on the chance of letting "the potential one" come into your life. Don't shut yourself out! It might be scary at first, but there is someone better out there waiting for you. So if you ever come across a situation in which you meet someone new and then "he" suddenly wants to come back to you too, whatever you do, make sure you choose the new guy. Your ex is old news. He messed up his chance. Now it's your time to start over with someone new. Yes, your first love will always be in your heart only because it was something that really impacted you're life, but it's time to flip the page and start a new chapter in your life. You owe that to yourself. Who knows? It might just be the one you've waited your whole life to meet!

Take this as a little encouragement from someone who has been there and totally gets it. You deserve to be happy. Then you'll be at ease knowing that you can and will achieve all things with love in life. You will then know just how live out your dreams, because they are realities waiting to happen.