Why It Is Totally Okay To Love Watching The Bachelor/ette

What is so bad about watching crazy people go on crazy dates to find crazy love?

14
People

In honor of "hometowns" this week on "The Bachelorette," I decided to write my feelings about the show. I'm tired of people shaming girls and guys who love to watch these crazy dates with crazy people. There is nothing wrong with that.

1. Mondays Suck

I may be only speaking to a select few here, but Mondays can be hard. You have to go back to school or work, and you have another week to get through before you have a weekend again. I love being able to sit and relax while watching a little trashy TV. There are also not very many shows that are on Monday nights, so thank goodness we have this one.

2. The Drastic View Of Love Makes Us Grateful For The Real Thing

A lot, and I mean a lot, of people on the show fall in love within a few weeks. Many leave the show ugly crying and betrayed. This makes me even more grateful for the great guy I have in my life, and how "normal" he is. Even if you don't have somebody now, it's nice to think that people can care so deep about somebody, and that one day you won't have to worry about ugly crying.

3. Bonding

Maybe my family is just a little weird, but every time we get together, which is all the time, we talk about "The Bachelor." We mostly like the same people, but not always. Not only do people talk about it, but we watch it together. My sisters and I will gladly sit for two hours together spilling our opinions on every guy/girl. If "The Bachelor" franchise does nothing else, it definitely brings people together.

4. Learning About International Places

The show travels all over the world, and the dates are nothing short of extravagant. I have watched countless episodes and wished I could travel to the location. Viewers can also learn about cultures, such as learning the Tango while watching Jojo during a two on one date, or watching street performers while they're walking the streets. I personally have learned a thing or two from watching.

5. The Fandom

Hello Bachelor Nation! The viewers come from near and far, and they can all bond over something. The fandom throws huge viewing parties, buys tickets to the men/women tell all, and follow the contestants on any form of social media. I have been in school talking to one person about the show, and suddenly there is a group of six people dishing out secrets and rumors. Just like any other show, the fandom is one of the best parts.

6. Style Tips

I mean, the girls on the show are BEAUTIFUL! There has been a time or two when I have seen something on the show and wish I had it. But being apart of the fandom, you usually follow them of social media and get even better access to the looks. On the other hand, the guys, although handsome, all basically wear the same thing. My sister and I were talking about this when a shot of three guys sitting on the couch were wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, and hair swept to the side. I guess it works, though!

7. Livetweets

I love going through all of the tweets of viewers while the show is on. The reactions are either side by side to mine, or on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. This is just another way that the show brings people together, and can be just as exciting as the show itself.

8. Some People ACTUALLY Find Love

The show was made to help people find love, and sometimes it works. Many of the past couples are married, have kids, and are utterly smitten. It doesn't work every time, sure, but it does make for a drama-filled show.

Whatever the reason that you watch the show, whether it be because it's addicting, or you love watching guys fight over a girl, be proud of it. There is nothing wrong with loving love, and this strange, questionable way to achieve it.