Why Is This Presidential Election Batsh#t?

Which is the lesser evil?

17
whorunsgov.com

Years ago, when Barack Obama was running for his second term, I remember thinking that we didn't have the best options in the world to choose from. However, looking at the choices we have now, I feel like four years ago was a dream. Okay, that's a definite exaggeration, but it is so very hard to feel like there's any way of winning here. Typically, and to be transparent, I lean a bit more to the left side, but do not like to label myself a democrat. The issue with that is that each side seemingly follows a set of beliefs and that's not me. I agree with some things that the conservative party stands for, I agree with some things the democratic party stands for, but I don't 100% agree with either.

I could have, never in a million years, expected to see what we have seen this election year. A woman who, yes, has a lot of political background and has the unique experience of having been in the White House during her husband's presidency, but makes it very hard for citizens to trust her. For a multitude of obvious reasons. Then we have he who shall not be named. He's an ill fit for the following: anyone who isn't white, anyone who isn't a male, anyone who is a minority, anyone who wants the best for their children, anyone who wants their rights protected, basically.... Anyone. I know he has his good parts... Kind of. He is an experienced businessman, but one who has seen a slew of legal action against him and a mass amount of bankruptcy, not to mention the recent news surrounding him. A lot of you will roll your eyes because to you, he's the best option. Good for you, we have the beautiful privilege of the right to our own opinion.

The phrase I've heard time and time again during this election is "which is the lesser evil?" It horrifies me to no end that we are kind of doing a toss up as to who wouldn't be "too bad" as our next president. Truth be told, I have no clue what to tell you, but regardless, the important thing is to go out and vote. To exercise the right we each have as Americans to voice our opinions. Come November 8th, do me a favor; whether you're a Republican, a Democrat, or whatever in between you fall into, please go to the polls.

This election may be a complete shit show, I doubt many will deny that, but when we don't vote we give away a right that many people around the world don't get.
In conclusion, this is a crap election, but vote anyway.

Sincerely,
A person who is thanking God for her dual citizenship