Why I'm Glad Bachelor In Paradise Has Stopped Filming

These type of situations should not be taken lightly.

11
NYDailyNews

The last couple of days it seems like every other post on social media I have seen has been about what happened on Bachelor In Paradise. You would think it’s because I follow a bunch of The Bachelor fan pages. But, the events that occurred on Bachelor In Paradise has made it to all sorts of social media outlets.

From what I have read, season 4 of Bachelor In Paradise has stopped filming to further investigate the events that occurred while filming was taking place. It has been declared that multiple members of the production team felt uncomfortable with an event that they witnessed between Corrine and DeMario in the pool that ABC felt the need to actually halt all filming of the show. For filming to actually stop and cast members be sent home means that what went on is very serious.

Now I don’t know the whole story and I never will because I wasn’t there to witness the events that took place. So if what I read is right then my opinion is based on just that; what I read about. I can't judge either Corrine or DeMario but I can have an opinion about the situation at hand. From my understanding, a female cast member, aka Corrine was in a blackout state and doesn’t remember having sexual relations with a male cast member, aka DeMario. This would mean that consent wasn’t given to either person that they wanted that type of physical contact with the other person.

Boys and girls wake up. Sexual assault is not a topic to throw around like it’s nothing. WAY too many people, mostly men, have gotten away with sexually assaulting a female. If someone is that intoxicated that they don’t mentally know what is going on then why are you turned on by them is what I want to know. Wouldn’t you want to have sex with someone that is fully awake and is into you as well? Why should anyone including athletes and actors not be punished for mentally and physically hurting another individual? Just because you are good at sports or the main character of a popular show does not give you a free pass.

And what is even worse is when people blame the victim for getting the assaulter kicked out of the game or off of the show. The victim is not the person that caused that it is the person who did the act. If your favorite player gets kicked off of the team it is their own fault. Looks like they were dumb enough the sexually assault someone they don't deserve to still be on the team.

If what I have read is true about the circumstances between Corrine and DeMario then props to ABC for stopping production and finally taking this type of misconduct seriously. All companies should feel the need to set a good example for the viewers watching. The whole point of this show is to find love not be taken advantage of just because you are drunk.