Why I’m Convinced the House Next Door is Haunted

A true story about the house two doors down

171
Tim Davis

I live in a very peaceful neighborhood. There isn’t a lot of crazy drama, the noise level is down, and I have nothing to complain about most of the time. But there is a house, two doors down from mine, that has a history of peculiar events. I’ve come to the conclusion that the house is cursed.

It all started with the cats. When I moved into this neighborhood as a little girl, I befriended another girl who lived in this exact house because they had a lot of cats. She would play with them as they were always running around. For centuries cats have been symbolized as guardians of the underworld, signs of witchcraft, and represent mystery and curiosity. How many cats, exactly? They had so many cats that they always left their garage door open so the cats could come and go as they pleased. They had cats of all kinds. Kittens, bobtailed, black cats, fluffy cats, hairless cats. When I was younger, I didn’t think much of it, but now I find it creepy. To this day, those cats are gone. They disappeared when the owners moved. I’m not sure where they all went.

Next came the fire. I had just woken up and was eating a bowl of cereal when one of best friends caled me. As I answered the phone, she immediately asked if I was okay. Once I assured her that I was completely fine, she informed me that a house on my street caught on fire in the middle of the night. As I looked out my window I was shocked to discover that the house, two doors down, was blackened and slightly crumbled on its entire left side. I hadn’t heard any fire truck or ambulance sirens that night. I didn’t awake to any flashing lights or yelling, yet there the house was, burnt to a crisp. Fire officials were unable to locate what or how the fire started. After the house was fixed from the family that lived currently lived there, this family moved out and the house was put up for sale.

Then came the snakes. Ever since the fire, I began keeping my eye on the house more often. When a new family moved in and began unpacking their lives into their new home we found out that this couple had several pet snakes. The surrounding neighbors got word of the snake owners and were leery over the lurking, slithering presence that was caged only a few hundred feet away. I never knew how many serpents they owned, but panic set in on our street when the snake couple informed us that some of their snakes got loose and they were in the process of finding them. People were very angry, especially when they never found their missing snakes. Watch your step. We all know that snakes are symbolic for poison, deception, and temptation. This leads me to the next haunting factor:

A sad death came upon this home. And not just any death. This snake couple hadn’t lived there for too long when we heard that the husband of this house had committed suicide, leaving his wife and snakes behind. It’s hard to think that someone took their own life just two doors down from your own house. It’s hard to believe that death can happen so close to you and you wouldn’t even know the death has taken place. It’s a very sad and unfortunate situation. I’m not sure of all the details behind what happened, but the house went back up for sale and was soon empty again.

The tree took a timber. There was a large tree in the front yard of this creepy house ever since we moved in. The tree was relatively large, just a little shorter than the house itself. After a new family moved in and things over at the house seemed normal. This family had a few kids and were very friendly, but the house must have not felt the same. I was sitting on my porch one afternoon when all of a sudden I happened to look over to the house after hearing an unusual cracking sound. With my own two eyes I saw the tree split directly in half. In those few seconds half of the tree split off from itself and landed with a crash on the ground. My mouth dropped open. Had I really just witnessed that? Yes I did. A few days later the half tree split in half again. The current family had the reaming 1/4th of the tree removed and a few months later the family was out of the house.

Putting the clues together, you can see the handful of abnormalities that this house has been through. Cats, fires, snakes, death, cracking trees all point to some sort of curse. Also, it just blows my mind at the amount of people who have put this house up for sale in the past several years. Why is there a consistent flow of people moving in and moving out? I’m convinced they’re scared. These families that move into this house must be aware of some of the strange events that have taken place. Could there be a curse or some entity haunting this house? The signs point to yes.