Why "Humble And Kind" Is The Song To Live By

Always stay humble and kind.
127

Tim McGraw released a single called "Humble and Kind" that really is a song everyone should listen to and absorb the meaning of. When I first listened to this song, it was just a tune on the radio to jam out to but when I actually listened to it, the song struck me hard. This is one of the most meaningful songs I have ever listened to.

Always stay humble and kind

This song has so much great wisdom to offer and the first big piece of advice that it gives is to stay humble and kind. Everyone should be able to live simple and stay humble in times of greatness and to be kind to everyone who passes by. It's so easy to get side tracked by your own life, but you need to remember to take a step back and appreciate others.

Visit grandpa every chance that you get

This line hit me hard. My grandma is one of the most important people in my life and she won't be here forever. You need to take every chance to visit the people you love in life, especially the older ones. I always try to go out to breakfast with my grandma and just catch up. That hour once a week is so meaningful and those are the memories that I will cherish forever. Always make time for visits to grandma and grandpa.

Hold the door, say please, say thank you

This one should be common sense, but for some it isn't. At my school, people always hold the door, always say thank you and are so respectful, but one of my professors pointed out that at bigger schools people let the door close in your face. These basic manners are getting forgotten in our busy lives and it's honestly such a shame. Always remember to wait that extra second and hold the door, and always say thank you to the person who held the door for you.

Don't steal, don't cheat and don't lie

This one is all about trust. Don't steal anything, don't ever cheat, whether is be on a test or on someone, and don't lie to someone. These should be things that are well known. I know sometimes people make mistakes and tell little white lies or steal a pen or a pencil from that person who you borrowed it from in class or glanced over at the other persons paper, I know people make mistakes. But take a minute to realize our mistakes and try to have them not happen again. As teachers have always said, keep your eyes on your own papers. Don't forget to give back that pen. Try to always tell the truth. It saves people a lot of trouble. And I know that these are just silly examples of stealing, cheating and lying but if you start small you won't ever mess up big.

I know you got mountains to climb but, always stay humble and kind

Everyone is fighting a different battle, everyone is climbing their own mountain. We all need to remember where we started and what we've accomplished and how many mountains we've all claimed before. And once you get to the top, you need to be able to thank the people who helped you along the way. You need to be humble when looking at your accomplishments and acknowledge how hard you've worked.

Don't hold a grudge or a chip and here's why, bitterness keeps you from flying

Everyone has a grudge that they've been holding but if you look at that grudge how many times has it stopped you from doing something you really wanted to do? How many times have you not done something because that person will be there? Let all your grudges go and relax. Be the bigger person and learn to forgive and forget. Take the high road and try to live a grudge free life.

Know the difference between sleeping with someone, and sleeping with someone you love, "I love you" ain't no pickup line

This one is so important, especially to our generation. Today, it's okay to meet up with someone and sleep with them. In the long run, that doesn't make you feel good about yourself or make you any happier. On the other hand, sleeping with someone you love doesn't even necessarily mean sleeping with them. It can just mean spending time with someone who means something to you and it will make you feel good about yourself and so happy. You need to be able to value yourself. "I love you" is such an intense statement to say to someone and if you do say it you should mean it. It seems to be tossed around and that is not how it should be. Love is something sacred and important and it should be respected.

Shut off the AC and roll the windows down, let that summer sun shine

I think this line gets overlooked but this one is important. We live in a society that is all about going quickly and not taking time to "sit back and smell the roses" and I think this line is saying that we should take time to do that. We should drive with the windows down and blast music and sing it loud and just be happy with the sun shining in.

Don't take for granted the love this life gives you

Don't take anything you get in this life for granted. So many times you just take everything you get and not stop to say thank you to the person who gave it to you. Always take the love you are given and appreciate it. No matter what you are going though, you always need to accept the love you are given and give that love back. Don't take it for granted and always say thank you for it.

When you get where you're goin', don't forget turn back around, and help the next one in line

There's probably going to be those people who are trying for the thing you just accomplished. Remember to stop and help them along the way. Now that you did it, you know the hardships that others will face and you know the way to go about it. Whether this be in your career, in school or just in the challenges you face in life, there will always be someone who is in need of assistance. Don't forget to stop and help them. You were once in their shoes too.

"Humble and Kind" really is a song to live by. There are so many important life lessons to take from this song. Try to relate this back to your own life and really get something out of this song. It's important to take a step back, live your life in the present and remember to stay humble and kind.