Why I Hate Airports

Why I Hate Airports

20 reasons why airports are the absolute worst.

991
Why I Hate Airports
SIRA

Airports seem like these great things where you can get from one destination to another in a short matter of time. But what really stinks about them is that the entire process until arriving at your new destination is a total mess and so irritating. Airports take forever, and I always dread going to them even though I love how fast planes are compared to driving. Why do they stink so much, may you ask?

1. There are never enough people at the desk and stations. Being short-staffed makes everything take longer.

2. No matter what time you leave to go to the airport, you always feel rushed once you're there, whether it is from the people around you sprinting or the seemingly never-ending lines.

3. Security checks always pat you down for something and always take forever, even though there's nothing in your half bun except a whole head of thick hair.

4. The PA announcements never end, and it comes to the point where if you hear "Do you have an infant on board..." one more time you might scream.

5. Bathrooms are always disgusting, and there's always a long line.

6. Do you want a candy bar? $10! Airport food is always extremely and unnecessarily expensive.

7. Everyone is miserable, including the workers and travelers.

8. You are always stressed you'll forget something or your luggage will weigh too much.

9. Every single step of the process up until you get to your final destination, and even after when you are in line to get off the plane, includes long-driven waiting.

10. People are always so rude and distant, and even after they kept delaying your flight from 6 pm to 3 am and then cancelled it until 10 am the next morning, they still don't really seem to care about everyone and their busy schedules.

11. You can never find your gate, and once you do, you realize it's all the way down to the dead-end last gate possible in the entire airport.

12. Have you ever been the first or the only person in line for anything at the airport? That's because the concept of no lines does not exist!

13. The seating in the waiting areas by the gates never have comfy chairs and are way too close to each other.

14. "Your bag is 1 pound over the limit. Please pay $200." Baggage fees are the legit worse.

15. Public transportation at the airports and to and from them usually are dirty, seemingly unsafe, and unreliable.

16. You'll probably never step foot in the executive/elite lounge/club even though you always pass it. One can dream!

17. Parking? More like fitting a quarter of your car in between two already super close ones and getting beeped at by everyone in line.

18. Drop-off lanes always are a pain, and they already are emotional when you are dropping off a loved one, so why do they have to be annoyingly painful as well with all of the whistles, limited space, people in bright orange vests, and cars beeping like crazy?

19. The boarding process and rush are crazy. Everyone tries to inch their way to the front so they can fit their carry on in the overhead and not have to get it checked.

20. There's NEVER free wi-fi or enough power outlets.