11 Reasons Why Girls Need To Support Girls
Politics

We need to continue the fight that the women before us worked so hard at

1807
google

Today, it’s a common situation for girls to not like or get along with other girls. I hear a lot of girls, including myself, who have said “I get along better with guys. Girls are too dramatic.” For some people, I think this can be true. I myself have always gotten along better with guys and almost every friendship I’ve ever had with a girl has gone to shit. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be supporting one another.

I think one huge reason why girls are so linked to drama is because too many of us have dealt with that typical ‘mean girl’. Especially in high school, girls could be so hypocritical and judgmental of other girls, either because of jealousy, low self-esteem, or entitlement.

In a world that has been so historically degrading to women, it can be difficult to be one. This is why we need to stick together, protect each other, and lift each other up! Here are some more reasons why girls need to support other girls and how they can do it.

1. We should be standing together. Not putting each other down.

Historically, men have put women down for far too long. Even today, we are often treated as less of a human being because of our gender. Women are often seen as ‘weak’ and ‘emotional’. We are strong! Emotions are good things!

2. Slut shaming is so dumb and needs to stop

Stop being petty and slut-shaming girls. Why is it that when men sleep with a bunch of girls, high fives are thrown all around? GENDER. DOESN'T. MATTER!!!! Who cares if someone sleeps with a bunch of different people? Mind your own business. Let people do what they want with their bodies!

3. Be mindful of insecurities

If you are secure with your own body, that’s amazing. Please just remember that not everyone is. It can be really hard to love yourself. For a lot of people, like myself, it’s been a long and difficult road.

4. Stop saying people are ‘too fat’ to wear something

First of all, fat is beautiful. Stretch marks, rolls, thick thighs, all of it is beautiful. The word ‘fat’ has been given such a negative connotation for the majority of it’s existence and it needs to stop. Fat shouldn't be something to be ashamed of. It should be something that we embrace. All bodies are different and all bodies are beautiful.

5. Stop asking why girls are skinny

You have no idea what people could be going through. And just because someone is skinny, does not mean they are sick. Like I said before, all bodies are different and all bodies are beautiful.

6. Instead of hate, try love

Envy and hate takes so much time and energy that it’s not even worth it. Don’t compare yourself to others because nobody is like you. You're one of a kind. It’s honestly so much easier to be supportive, caring and loving.

7. Judgment

Sadly, it’s human nature to jump to conclusions. We assume, we judge, we spread rumors. Instead of judging someone for what they’re wearing, what color their hair is, what they look like, think to yourself first. You don’t know what they’re going through. They could be struggling with depression. Their mother could be in the hospital. They could’ve just lost a grandparent. Instead of being so quick to judge, be mindful and love. Let people be who they are.

8. Competition

Why do we feel the need to compete with others? It’s also human nature and it’s kind of sick if you think about it. “Why can’t I be as skinny as her?” “Maybe if I had her body, he’d notice me.” Please. Stop spending so much time focusing on wanting to look like others and spend time focusing on yourself! You are beautiful!

9. History

The women who came before us worked too hard to get women’s rights to where they are today. They worked too hard for fair pay, they worked too hard for our right to vote, they worked too hard for equality. Let’s not destroy the foundation that they left us. We need to continue the fight and stick together!

10. Jealousy

Jealousy only hurts YOU! It’s also really bad for your health. It stresses you out, poisons relationships, and ruins friendships. It never does anyone any good.

11. Girls complimenting girls is so important!!!!!!!

Nothing puts a smile on my face like a girl complimenting me. It shouldn't be that hard to do, but for some people, it can be. If you can truly look past jealousy, competition, and hatred enough to compliment someone for their hair, makeup, clothes, or anything else, more power to you. Girls complimenting girls is a beautiful thing and we need more of it!