Why Field Service Businesses Need a Real-Time Location Tracking App for Your Field Force

Zuper

46

If you run a field service business, you must be able to access real-time location tracking for your team and field force. Customers often need field service technicians to work on a specific task, such as replacing a part at their home, office, or job site.

Your customer will want to know exactly when your technician leaves and arrives at the job and when they complete the job and return to the office. That way, they can plan when they need to be available in preparation for your technician's arrival. Having real-time location data on the status of your technicians provides a high level of service to your customers while also giving you an easy way to manage your workforce, saving time and money.

Field service businesses are faced with several challenges. They need to provide fast and reliable service and ensure that their field force works as efficiently as possible.

In addition, they must keep an eye on their employees' locations at all times and ensure they won't get lost or stuck somewhere along the way.

If you're running a field service business, you need a real-time location tracking app for your field force.

Real-Time Location Tracking for Service Businesses

The ability to track location data in real-time is essential for any business with a fleet of vehicles or employees who work remotely. These days, most companies rely heavily on mobile devices or tablets as part of their daily operations. Almost half of U.S. workers rely on mobile devices for their jobs because it makes it easier for them to access information and communicate with coworkers no matter where they are located.

Field Service Management

If you're managing multiple vehicles with lots of employees on the road, this software will help streamline your scheduling, invoicing, and data collection process so that everyone knows what they're doing. Field service management software will also allow managers to see where each vehicle is located at any time during the day to ensure everyone has enough time between appointments for gas and travel time.

Live Location Tracking of Your Field Team

In real-time, you can use GPS tracking to see where your employees are. You won't have to wait until the end of the day for reports from each employee when they log off their phones or tablets. You will always know where they are at any given time, giving you peace of mind that all is well with your team and customers.

Collect Crucial Information with Location Data

The real-time location tracking feature allows you to collect crucial data about how your employees perform daily. Managers can use this information to improve performance, increase productivity, and reduce costs associated with recruiting and training new employees. It also allows field service managers to see how far apart their teams are when working on job sites so they can adjust staffing levels accordingly if needed. Collecting this data is invaluable for making informed decisions about how best to run your business and improve customer satisfaction levels across the board!

Geo-Tagging of All Events

You can use a real-time location tracking app to track all geo-tagged events. That includes arrivals and departures from job sites, time spent at them, and any other stops along the way. This will give you an accurate picture of where your employees spend their time and resources and how much time they spend on each job.

Geo-Fencing for All Work Orders

With an excellent real-time location tracking app, you can set up geofences around each job site to always know when someone arrives and leaves. This gives you peace of mind that your employees are on schedule and working hard — and allows you to quickly identify any gaps or delays in their work order progress reports.

Optimize Employee Job Routes

Real-time location tracking apps can help you manage your fleet better by optimizing routes. Knowing where your employees are located at any given time, you can send them to places they're most needed. This allows you to save time and money while ensuring that all your customers get the exemplary service, they need most.

Smart Alerts for Customers

Real-time location tracking apps give you much more visibility into your business. You can receive alerts whenever someone leaves their scheduled route or arrives late at a job site, which helps you improve customer satisfaction by ensuring that everyone gets timely service.

Mobile To Meet All Your Business Needs

A mobile app is available whenever you improve efficiency, reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction, and more.

A Major Step Towards Business Success

Field Service businesses are a cornerstone of many industries. With the real-time location tracking app offered by Zuper, you can keep track of all your field teams, direct their activities in real-time, and ensure that service calls are handled with the highest efficiency and accuracy possible. That's why we feel it's essential that every field service business has access to this technology.

As a bonus, Zuper’s mapping software also includes heatmaps, mobile forms resolution, and more to give you complete control over your service calls. If you’re interested in testing out this simple, yet highly effective field service software solution with real-time employee location tracking all baked in, you can request a free demo or simply sign up for a 14-day free trial with Zuper today.