Why Fashion Is My Passion

Why Fashion Is My Passion

Finding your True Passion

5155
Why Fashion Is My Passion

Why I found my true passion in fashion:

Ever since I was little I remember having the cutest clothes and matching everything together. I found it infatuating to find things that matched an outfit or paired stuff together so that it would contrast.

When I was about 7 years old, my mom had a Vogue magazine on the kitchen table and I had looked through it and I don't think I ever let go of that Vogue magazine, lol. I was so inspired by runway fashion, by casual fashion, and just the luxurious picture of it all. So after that, my obsession with fashion in magazines didn't stop there--it only grew stronger.

In middle school, at about 13 years old, I subscribed to Seventeen and was reading Seventeen articles and relating to them and it was almost like a hobby. I would get inspiration from them and learn about brands or new trendy fashions and read articles that were about easy money or boys. It became part of my lifestyle.

In high school, I started following all these fashion blogs on Twitter and Instagram and would get inspiration from them as well as magazines. I also dressed up a lot in high school because that was a part of me and my aesthetic. You could say I had a unique style, lol.

Then, in high school, while looking at colleges, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. At first, I wanted to do dentistry. Then, I looked at USD and their dental hygiene program. I finally came across Iowa State and their Apparel Merchandising and Design program, went on a visit, and that's when I knew.

I've come pretty far since that day, while also being involved in everything my freshman year of college, to going to Italy and finding my true passion for fashion my sophomore year, to applying for internships currently, and graduating early in December of next year, hopefully pursuing a career in the fashion industry.

I've learned a lot along the way about the industry, about finding inspiration, and about making different boards and projects. It's truly something I love to do, and it is my true passion.