Everyone Should Know Who Jay Shetty Is

Everyone Should Know Who Jay Shetty Is

Today, I want to talk about the person who has gotten me through some rough times. Who exactly is Jay Shetty and why is a twenty year old college girl raving about him? Let me just dive in on my explanations!

377
https://www.facebook.com/JayShettyIW/photos/a.1557830387864754/1973295849651537/?type=1&theater
Jay Shetty Facebook

Who is Jay Shetty?

Jay Shetty is a thirty-one-year-old Indian-English motivational speaker, lifestyle vlogger, award-winning host, and viral content creator. He first went viral with his video "Changing the world begins with us", which received over 10,000,000 views. Jay is a former monk who spent three years working on his personal growth and helping others. He helped build sustainable villages, food programs distributing over 1 million meals per day, and coached millennial across the world about consciousness, wellbeing, and success. After returning from the monk life, he spent 9 months updating himself on the world. Jay's friends began to invite him to speak at their companies as they were undergoing high amounts of stress and pressure. After noticing his impact, he took his monk teachings and applied them in the workplace. Jay went on to become Accenture's Social Media Coach for executives online branding and digital strategy. Jay became very successful and won third place in the Guardian Rising Star Award. Jay moved to New York to be the Host of HuffPost in September 2016. He was then named in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe Class of 2017.

Jay launched his video channel after moving on from HuffPost in 2016, and there his viral wisdom videos have over 4 billion views and has gained over 20 million followers globally. He also has a Snapchat channel where I first discovered him. Jay has been invited to keynote at companies including Google, L'Oreal, Facebook, CocaCola, Facebook, Microsoft, and many more.

Why am I addicted to him?

Jay is a person that is best described in video. His speeches are captivating to me because no matter the circumstance, they are relatable. He discusses love, heartbreak, how to find your purpose when you get rejected, how to deal with criticism, things to do before you argue, pressure, failures, and many more. The way he tackles a video is with the best foot forward. Personal growth and mental health are very important, and he repetitively talks in a way to make you think about how you truly are, not just what social media portrays. He makes it okay for someone to be human, make mistakes, and learn from experiences. He actually motivates me to keep pushing forward, even on the worst days. I have recommended him to many of my friends, and they all say the same thing: This guy is truly amazing. If every person across the globe took 5 minutes to watch this man, the world would be changed for the better. There's only so much I can say about him, so I strongly urge you to check out his YouTube channel and subscribe to his Snapchat or podcasts. My favorite video to share will be linked here. You will not regret it.

To learn more about Jay, here's a direct link to his website.

"And the common mistake is people think being alone makes you lonely, but the truth is being surrounded by the wrong people can be the loneliest thing in the world." -Jay Shetty