Why Dory Should Be A Disney Princess

Why Dory Should Be A Disney Princess

Dory deserves to be royalty.

459
Why Dory Should Be A Disney Princess
YouTube.com/SuperCarlinBrothers

Many people have seen the newest Disney movie, "Finding Dory." Many similar Disney animated characters have become Disney princesses. So why shouldn't Dory become a princess? Well, here is my take on why Dory should be a Disney princess.

There will be spoilers for "Finding Dory" in this article, so if you haven't seen it, and want to, don't read this article just yet.

I got the inspiration to write this article from a video on YouTube; click here to view it.

Many people believe that to become a Disney princess the character must be royalty in a Disney animated movie, or a Pixar movie. However, that's not necessarily the case.

There are three rules for becoming a Disney princess; they are as follows:

1. You must be human.

2. You must be a lead in a Disney animated movie.

3. You must not be introduced in a sequel.

If you meet those three requirements, you must meet at least one of the following requirements. They are as follows:

A. Be born royal.

B. Marry a royal.

C. Perform an act of heroism.

So, if you meet those requirements, one more huge requirement is needed; the movie you are in must be a huge box office success. Many Disney princesses have been snubbed because of this.

So how does Dory fall with these rules?

Number one? Dory is not human. However, there is a loophole with this one. You all remember Ariel from "The Little Mermaid," right? Well, she is a mermaid, half-human-half-fish. Technically, she is a fish. Thus opening the door for Dory to swim right through.

Number two? Dory is the lead in "Finding Dory." She was also in "Finding Nemo" as a sidekick.

Number three? She was introduced in "Finding Nemo," which is a Disney animated movie, not "Finding Dory."

Because Dory meets all three requirements, through the loophole, we move on the next step, how does she fall with these requirements?

Requirement A? Dory was not born a royal, and there is no royal element in "Finding Nemo" or in "Finding Dory."

Requirement B? Dory has never been married, and this is not mentioned in either "Finding Dory" or "Finding Nemo."

Requirement C? Dory has traveled across the ocean to save a handicapped fish, Nemo. As well as (SPOILER ALERT) saving multiple fish from being sent to Cleveland! Which I believe were both acts of heroism.

So Dory qualifies for being a princess. However, how did Dory do at the box office? "Finding Dory" has made $445.5 million as of July 17, 2016. Setting a record for the highest-grossing animated film ever. (Without inflation factored in.)

Based on the data above, I believe that Dory should become a Disney princess!