Why I Don't Want To Take The Right People For Granted

The right people can come and go in the blink of an eye. Cherish them.

40
Collider

Life is too short. What do I mean or where am I getting at by stating this? Well, obviously, time flies faster than we all think it does and it is scary. We always think about the future and things we wish to achieve like an education, marriage, children, a house, pets, and whatever else can lead to our success. However, what about those people that have gotten you to those milestones in your life? Whether they may be friends, family, significant others, or even a blast from the past, you really learn to examine the right people who teach you the right lessons in life. It is also crazy to think that anything could happen in the blink of an eye; no matter how big or small the right people impacted your life, it is important to always be grateful. Be grateful for the memories, the conversations, the interactions you had with them in a specific setting that was your setting, or think about all of the lessons or materials they gave you to where you are or maybe even to who you are today.

I am a firm believer that I am the way I am today not just because of the person I have always wanted to be, but thanks to others. The wrong people taught me to stand up for myself in the worst situations (with themselves, obviously) and got me into the worst of scenarios where I was lost, upset, and felt like I wasn't worthy of getting through to my full potential. The right people taught me to keep moving forward and to never lose touch of who I really am at heart. Of course, because of them, I learned to take care of myself physically and emotionally. The right people teach you things that the wrong people would never even come across in their own lives. The right people enable you to pursue what you love, go after what you want, and also allow to express and feel different emotions. Without these things, I would always be questioning where I stand with others or what would happen next in my life, more for bad than good. The good people let you feel positivity and pride in yourself; you learn to become more mature, not care as much what others think of you, unless it will only enable you to become a better version of yourself inside and out.

The right people do not intend on leaving on your life and, the worst thing is knowing that the only thing that can take them away is death or even a tragedy leaving them traumatized. I'm going to be honest, tragedies suck. I have had a fair share of some great people leave my life because death almost or even ended up taking them away. I recently lost one of my favorite bosses from my job at home due to pneumonia last week out of the blue. More examples including a friend of mine who got into a really tragic car accident a few months back and wasn't even expected to survive, my great grandma going in and out of rehabilitation for the past year, as well as my grandma passing away a few years back due to lung cancer. It is crazy to think that after so long or so little time, people go. When tragedy hits, you really get to take a back and look at all of these different people who gave you so many things in life that you have no clue how to possibly ever pay them back for. You learn to love, treat others with respect, be mature in the nastiest of situations, and you learn to grow. Sometimes, these are things we cannot just learn alone. We need other people to show us how to act for the better when we can't. I know there are days where all I want to do is lash out or not be in an adult in situations because I am frustrated, but then I think about all of these great traits I have inherited thanks to some really great and, most importantly, right people in my life. When tragedy hits, it is hard to think about or even envision a life without them. Everything, including them, are gone. What is important though is that they are put through these things to fight and if they are seen struggling, they are going into a better place and do not have to suffer.

I know today not to take the right people for granted or the time I get with them because, well, not only do they make me feel good or bring nothing but positivity in my life, but also they teach me the rights and wrongs when I can't. The right people in life are there through thick and thin, always know at the back of their heads that the person you are is a great one, and are always there when you need somebody to lean on. The wrong people come and go forever, the wrong people don't dare to teach you how to be the best version of yourself when you are clueless, the wrong people will bring nothing but trouble, annoyance, and unfamiliar situations into your life that you may not be comfortable with. I think it is always important to really sit down and think about the true people in your life who will help you and not hurt you. Really think about what would happen if you lost someone forever, whether it was because of death or them just simply getting up and walking out of your life. Obviously, death is never a wanted situation and I know I would never wish death on even the worst person I've had an unfortunate encounter with in life. Why? Because the right people come to everyone, sooner or later. We need to be patient because we will spend so much time thinking about all of this negativity that we will be thrown nothing but terrible things from the wrong people. The right people would not intend to hurt us in any which way, even if the worst things came into our lives. The right people are there to listen, help, communicate, and be a speck of light in a dark tunnel.