6 Reasons I Don't Need Feminism

6 Reasons I Don't Need Feminism

28
giphy

Lately, there's been a lot of talk about feminism and why people think that they need it. But there are plenty of reasons why this movement is not good. In fact, it shouldn't even be real! So, while others preach about it and tell you why they think it's so great, I am here to tell you that I don't need feminism, and here's why:

1. I’m not able to open doors for myself.

Believe it or not, I need a man to open the door for me all the time. To all of the girls who say you don’t need feminism because you don’t want boys to stop holding the door for you, I stand with you! You are so, so smart and make such a good point. The truth is, I am very, very weak and do not possess the strength or hand/eye coordination to open a door on my own.

2. I don’t know that the word feminism means believing in gender equality.

People have told me this repeatedly, but I just can’t understand it, no matter how hard I try. I’m probably just too busy thinking about how I can’t wait to submit to my future husband to really get this concept through my head.

3. Equal pay is not for me.

There’s no bigger turn on than being under-appreciated for my work, while my male counterparts are paid more for doing the same job. In fact, just the thought of it makes me excited. I’m worth 78.3 cents to the dollar, and proud of it!

4. The only reason I get my period is to validate my opinions.

I don’t think I would like it very much if, “She’s PMSing,” stops being a valid way of negating my opinions.

5. I want people debating whether I can have it all!

Someone once told me to think if it was worth it to go grad school, just in case I wanted to have a family instead. Just think -- if I were male, I would have likely missed out on that sage advice! I feel so bad for boys; I can’t even imagine what it would be like if people just assumed that I could have it all -- yuck!

6. What I wear is the most important thing about me.

If something bad ever happens to me, I really would like the first question asked to be "What was she wearing?" Because the way I look should have a direct effect on the way others treat me!

Do you need feminism? I hope not! Keep the equality and justice as far away from me as possible, please!