Why I Don't Believe In Being "Boy-Crazy"

Aren't we supposed to like boys? Or did I miss something?

927

Sisters before misters.

Do you really stand for that? I mean, I agree. The closest friends I've made over the course of my 20 years on this earth are my main girls; they're the irreplaceable ladies I can instantly relate to. They know my emotions because they have the same ones. I will always trust my girlfriends before any of my guy friends. If they need me, I'm there and visa versa.

But I'm tired of hearing "I'm not boy crazy" or the judgmental version of that saying "ew, I hate how boy crazy that girl is." I just don't think "boy-crazy" is really a thing. But at the same time, I think us girls are all a little boy-crazy anyways. Girls, at least admit to fitting into one of these four categories:

1. You've liked a boy.

2. You've wished a particular boy would like you.

3. You've attempted to impress a guy.

4. You've had a conversation with your friends that revolved around boys.

When I think about the girls in my life that have been labeled as "boy-crazy," I think of the above thoughts. They're always liking a guy. They're always talking to the bros. 90 percent of their time is devoted to getting a guy's attention. And most significantly, any conversation you have with them seems to revolve around boys.

The line must be drawn somewhere. If you are planning every minute of your day searching for the boy of your dreams, I'm going to have to break it to you that you may be crossing the line that separates natural attraction from obsession. I don't necessarily see how you relate with guys better than girls. How do they know how you think? How can they relate with the emotions you experience on a day to day basis?

Being boy-crazy in a mild manner isn't a sin. We were created to be attracted to other people. I am a girl, created to someday grow up, get married and fulfill the role of a wife and mother in the setting of a family. Ok, some people don't get married. But that doesn't mean they aren't attracted to people. It just means God's plan for their life does not include marriage.

Putting aside the gender of sex you are attracted to or whether you firmly believe in girl power and women's rights or not; as human beings, we feel things for each other. Things that we cannot ignore.

All my life, I've picked the safe friends. Girlfriends I knew wouldn't ditch me for the first nice boy that came along. Girlfriends who hated the boys I hated and loved the ones I loved. I've judged the "boy-crazy" girls, even though I was one at times. But at the end of the night, I do wonder who I'll marry. I ask myself if I'm ready to love my boyfriend or if I could see myself dating this guy who I would have never considered upon first glance. And this is because I'm a girl. It's what I do and that's ok.