Don't Wait Until January 1st To Become A Better You

Start living the life you want to live all year round.
33

It's the beginning of a new year, and with that comes New Year's resolutions. Every year people come up with things they want to change about themselves or things they want to do. I have been a victim of the NYR fad before, but not this year. A couple years back I decided to give up New Year's resolutions. I decided to make the most of my year all year round. Like the most of you, I only stuck to resolutions for maybe one to two months top. I don't get where people get this idea that a new year signifies a clean slate. That's not how life works. Just because the clock struck midnight, and a giant ball dropped does not mean you get a new start. Your actions and choices you make all year round will affect you for the rest of your year and the rest of your life.

If you think there is something you need to change about yourself, don't wait until January 1st. Change what needs to be changed as soon as you notice it. We need to stop using the new year as an excuse. If you want to start saving money, don't wait until the new year. Start setting money aside each paycheck. Saying you will wait until the new year is also providing yourself with an excuse why not to save now. If you are unhappy with a relationship, don't wait until the new year to end it. End the relationship the moment you feel it isn't going right. You have the power to make the right decisions all year round. Stop using the new year as a scapegoat, and starting living the life you want to live all year round!