There’s A Constant Battle Between Making An Effort And Going With 'The Flow'

You must strive to find your voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all." — Robin Williams

80

There is no such thing as a flow. The world and society have never created an actual flow to support the phrase "go with the flow." We as a society have just attached on random feelings and thoughts to the phrase for situations we might be dealing with at the time. But for an old soul like mine; going with the flow has never been or will be a thing that we can necessarily do. Because we grew up being taught that it's better to show effort, from both sides of a friendship or relationship. If you want to be or talk to someone you will; if you want to show appreciation you just do it.

There's no beating around the bush because honestly going with the flow is something you do when you aren't sure or you might not want to fully engage yourself into that specific thing person or place. Am I right or what? This feels like it's keeping it super casual, but in all reality that is a short-term for beating around the point and not comforting them head-on.

Which can lead to causing uncertainty, not knowing the position or where the other person emotions may be. It makes the person getting no feedback or effort feel as the other person might feel distant, or are having a negative emotion. So for all people who want to go with the flow, make a change.

Today's society is all about being "chill," "going with the flow," "laid back" but be bold. Show appreciation, love kindness and best of all show that you want to be a part of someone's life. There's nothing wrong with being a little extra, and showing love to the ones around you even if that is something that others might not do. The smallest of actions can mean the most to others.