Why Do You Value Education?

Why Do You Value Education?

Education can change the world.

12595
Why Do You Value Education?
Washington State University

"Why do you value education?" I value education because I am an aspiring educator. Many people have asked me why I want to become an educator. I wrote an article on my answer which you can read if you so desire. I knew my freshman year of high school that I wanted to become a teacher, and it has not changed since then. I have had some times where I wonder if I should have gone down a different path, but I know that teaching is where I see myself.

I value education because I believe it is important for everything we do in life. There have been so many different tests and changes to those tests. Because of this, many kids think that education is only about memorization for a test instead of learning for fun. There are some aspects of education that may call for memorization, but education is so much more than that.

There are so many different subjects that people can learn about, and something is out there for everyone. Education does not have to stop when you come home from school or class. You can constantly be educating yourself when you get home on so many different topics. For example, I am currently learning Gaelic because I wanted to learn another language that was different.

Education is important because we all have something that piques our interest, and sometimes, we crave to learn more about a certain topic.

Education is fun because it teaches us all about so many different topics we never thought we could ever learn about.

Education takes us traveling because we learn about different places and cultures from around the world.

Education is something that is important because without it, we would never know anything.

Education is not memorization for a test only to forget the material right after we take an exam.

Education is not just limited to whatever the standards are at your school.

Nelson Mandela once said, "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

This is completely true. If there is something that you want to know about, be it global warming or something else, educate yourself on the topic. Become a master then educate others.

You have the chance to completely change the world with just a single word. What will you do with it?