Why Do We Have A Grading System ?

Why Do We Have A Grading System ?

Does it matter?

1285
Why Do We Have A Grading System ?

Despite the fact that students struggle with grades that have limitations, these grades continue to be important in predicting future career success. Graduation is one of the most important factors that determine a student's future prospects such as admission to graduate school, internships, fellowships, and jobs. When students are taught the difference between success and failure, they are motivated to strive for success in the future. Students are known to respond to pressure in a number of ways, including stress and anxiety. Each student is unique in their own way. The letter-grading system actively discriminates against students with disabilities, mental illness, and developmental disorders by assigning them low grades. Letter grades do not measure the effort or grit of students who learn certain skills and ideas slowly, as they are not evaluated on effort or hard work. Although most students that struggle with grades have argued that they have limitations, they do remain important in predicting career success. By teaching students to distinguish success from failure, they motivate them for future success. Because Stress and anxiety are common reactions to this pressure among students. Closer examination shows that Stress and anxiety are common reactions to this pressure among students. Students are all different. Letter-grading actively discriminates against students with learning disabilities, mental illnesses, and developmental disorders. To argue with some, a 2.0 grade point average is the minimum most teachers expect. Students with poor grades may also be denied scholarships and financial aid, resulting in a longer and more expensive degree path.

If you really think about it Does Grading Matter in College? Getting rid of grades in college and in other schools to help students distinguish between success and failure, which motivates them to strive for greater success in the future. From the very beginning of the U.S. grading system in the late 1800s, grades have been a subject of much debate and discussion.In addition to college students and teachers, school administrators are among the audience who might be able to agree or disagree with this statement. There is a genre that exists because it expresses the opinion of the students who get graded in school and want to give their opinions on what happens in school and that it would be better if we could get rid of grades in college or other schools and just have a pass or fail option so no one would get stressed out or overwhelmed. The article represents rating schools based on percentages and letters in our American education system. A grade of A is the best; a grade of F or E is the worst. E's have historically not been graded due to misinterpretations of "excellent". Rather than reflecting students' strengths and weaknesses, grading systems do not reflect F grades. Creating a toxic learning environment encourages students to focus on grades instead of learning. Students' strengths must be measured accurately on grading scales. Many new and experienced teachers struggle with grading. How we perceive grading practices is largely determined by the grades we have received. Grading is a subjective process, and we all have our own ideas about how it should be done. Students often seem to give up learning for its own sake because of grades, which are a source of anxiety for them. Instructors and students will both feel less arbitrary about grading if they thoughtfully reflect on some aspects of grading below. Though grading will not be easy for instructors, it is not unpredictable. This is an opinionated article, some illustrations in order to win over the audience, or some connection to something the audience can relate to, such as a symbol representing an A or an F representing a grade on a test or assignment that is presented in an opinionated manner. It is clear that there is a lot of pathos represented in this article because it shows the opinionated side of a college student who worries about their grades as well as other authors who feel the same way or are against the concept, and I believe that the audience can relate to them and feel the same way as the author did when he wrote these articles. This represents both formal and informal since these authors are opinionated, so it would match the tone and attitude of how college students feel in a formal setting as it matches how they are feeling in a formal setting in terms of tone and attitude. However, this particular type of writing is about grades, but both include someone's opinion. From the writings I have done in the past, it can be seen that the concept of this writing specifies how someone feels about a certain topic, and from previous writings I have done, it seems to be the same.

In one of the articles “Does Grading matter in college” the author showed other points of views and I gathered information. Although some colleges and universities have banned grades entirely, most schools use them to assess student performance. In addition to Brown University, Alverno College, Bennington College, and Bennington College all utilize pass-fail grading systems instead of letter grades. This author also provides evidence that follows up about a college point system. As they have a topic that is relatable to a college student, they are able to relate to the feelings of grades, and in doing so, they are able to see their perspective on how they see things and how they feel about them Finally ,My goal is to locate a template for my website, create a website, express my feelings, and also add information about my feelings about grades to my website.

Source #1 :https://thebestschools.org/magazine/eliminating-grading-system-college-pros-cons/

Source #2: https://pittnews.com/article/164644/opinions/opinion-abolish-the-letter-grade/#

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/08/opinion/college-gpa-career-success.html

For Letter Grades

Source #3:https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/how-to-get-good-grades-in-college

Source #4:https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2020/10/19/do-college-grades-predict-future-success/?sh=183dece05af6