Democrats Stop Adding Presidential Candidates

Dear Democrats: If You Want To Win The 2020 Election, Then Stop Adding Candidates To The Presidential Race

You all want what's best for the country, but think about the logistics.

52

Between the surprising results of the 2016 presidential election to the flipping of the House in the 2018 midterm elections, there has been increased voter participation and a push for a "blue wave" in the federal government. Democratic politicians raced to oppose Trump's policies and hopes were high among the people that this country would be able to elect a new president by 2020. It's early 2019, and that hope has already quickly dwindled for me.

At the pace that Democratic politicians have been joining the presidential rate, it's hard to understand how we can come out with a strong, highly supported candidate to run against Donald Trump. With over 10 candidates with political experience and many more without, there is no way that any candidate will emerge from this group unscathed by the end of the campaign process.

During debates, candidates will tear into each other's histories, backgrounds, and political decisions that will ultimately reduce the popularity of each candidate, so even if one person comes out on top, they will have lost many other voters. One can only hope that the debate process will not alienate voters from individual candidates of the same party just because they beat out the voter's personal favorite candidate.

What should have been done was a united effort to send out the few most qualified and most popular candidates instead of having every popular candidate individually joining the race. If the Dems are serious about winning a presidential election against Trump, they would not have pit a large collection of popular politicians against each other, tearing each other down before they even began to run against Trump.

Of course, the party can't stop anyone from announcing a presidential campaign, but to those who are still considering presidency - please reconsider that move. Hopefully, the list of candidates will not get any longer than it already has, because it would be devastating to see all these politicians, that I highly respect, tear into each other's lives.