The Benefits Of Letting Yourself Cry

Let Yourself Cry — It's Actually Good For You

There are some major benefits of letting yourself cry.

553

Crying is a very natural thing. It's one of the ways people show some of their emotions. By crying, you can show that you're sad, happy, angry — literally any emotions at all. Usually, many people don't like to cry. For some people, they think it's a sign of weakness, and for others, it gives them a headache. But apparently, crying can be very good for you, both physically and emotionally.

When we're upset, many of us tend to start crying. For some, they hold it in and only shed a tear or two if they even cry at all, but for the ones who let it all out, they're doing the right thing. You see crying releases oxytocin and endorphins, which in none-science terms means "happy chemicals." These happy chemicals soothe you when you're sad and make you even happier when you happy-cry!

Crying lets you purge.

Not only are you releasing all of the emotions, but by doing this, you let yourself let go of all of the emotions that had been building up on the inside, out. You clear your mind and feel the emotions you had to feel to face the obstacle or event in the way.

Now although crying can help you mentally, what are the physical benefits, other than making your face all red and puffy? Crying acts like a detox away. It releases toxins and hormones that cause stress. It also frees your eyes from toxins and bad bacteria. The bacteria, known as lysozyme, is what kills the bacteria that have gathered in 10 minutes. Crying also helps you sleep better. This is because when you cry, your blood pressure is lowered and this allows you to fall asleep much easier. It does this by calming you and releasing stress.

Crying can also improve your vision! Now, this might sound crazy, but crying rehydrates your eyes. Many of us forget to drink water or we don't drink enough of it. So when you cry, you are rehydrating your eyes that will allow your eyes to focus more and improve your vision overall.

When you want to cry, especially after you've experienced lots of stress over a couple of days, make sure you let it all out. Holding in your tears can be very bad for you mentally. You won't be able to let go of what you are holding in and what is making you want to cry. Not only this, but bad bacteria are constantly being collected and it can cause harm to your eyes if you don't cry once in a while.

So next time, let yourself cry. It's good for you.