Why I Create For Odyssey

Why I Create For Odyssey

Not another recruitment article.
4

The other day I was asked why I create for Odyssey. I thought about it for a bit and had no great philosophical answer. At first I responded with a pretty vague answer saying that I liked to write. While this could not be any more true, there are a number of other reasons that I could have answered with. There are also a number of reasons why you should create for Odyssey, too.

One of the first reasons I create for Odyssey is because it gives me my own personal creative outlet. For several hours at least one day a week, I get to sit down and do something for me. I get to write. As a stay at home mom, there isn’t much I get to do for me, other than watch trashy reality sitcoms. Being able to write has given me an ounce of my identity back, and I am forever grateful.

Another reason I create for Odyssey is pretty simple, I write because I can. Some people are good at certain things and they know it. Some people go to school for years to become a veterinarian. Others go for years to be a chef at a high-end restaurant. I went to school to write. While not all people will agree that my writing, whether grammatically or creatively, is the best there is, there are others that remind me every day that writing is just my thing. There are few things I am confident in about myself; my amazing banana pudding, having the patience of a saint in raising two heathens of kids and my ability to write. Practice makes perfect and my banana pudding cannot get any better.

Lastly, I create content so I can help others. I mostly write about being a parent and the issues that I face. I’ve had friends tell me that after reading a few of my articles, they aren’t ready to be parents. I’ve had others thank me for making them feel like they have it easy. And others thank me for reminding them that they are not alone. In life, none of us are alone. My parents always told me that there was not a single person in the world like me, but I disagree. There are a million of me out there, we just look a little different and have different names. But there are a million stay at home moms out there that do what I do every single day. So if for a single second in a single day, my article can help another mom feel a little better, I’ve done my part.

I absolutely love creating content for Odyssey. It really was a blessing in disguise that found me at the perfect time. Funny how that works, right? What is so great about being a part of a creating community is that there is always room to grow and expand. If you like reading some of the articles on here and if you’ve ever thought to yourself that you have an important story to tell, you need to start asking questions. For instance, why not share your thoughts with millions of other people? What is holding you back? Why don’t you join Odyssey? I’ve given you my reasons for why I create, I’d love to hear your reasons!