Coming Home From College Is Both The Best And The Worst

What's better than home cooked meals? Not chores, that's for sure.

318
Instagram

With summer break in full swing, college students across the country are heading home for the summer. While coming home for breaks can be a complete relief, it can come with some strings attached. Here are 10 reasons why coming home from college is both the best and worst thing to happen to a college student.

1. Home Cooked Meals Have Returned

No matter what you think of your family's cooking, it's almost guaranteed to be better than dining hall food. Sure, Ramen Noodles get the job done, but most college students would prefer to eat something relatively healthy instead of eating their weight in sodium and carbohydrates.

2. .... And So Has Your Curfew

Surprise! Looks like your new freedom and independence somehow got lost on the way back home! Jokes on you if you thought leaving without telling your parents would magically become ok. The days of party hopping three nights in a row are over, and the days of curfews are back.

3. No More College Laundry Machines

No one actually enjoys doing laundry, BUT it can be a lot more enjoyable knowing that your laundry machine at home won't destroy every piece of clothing you own. Sure, your family can still steal your clothes, but at least you know they're in your house somewhere instead of in another girl's laundry basket!

4. It's Time to Work Again...

With all this free time on your hands, chances are you're either forced to work by your parents or because your bank account has run dry. Either way, earning money is the main objective of summer break for most college students. While working can be fun for some, most of us just want the money without actually having to do anything. Being an adult is hard.

5. But Also Time to See Old Friends

One of the greatest things about coming home for college is hanging out with old friends. Being hundreds of miles away from your friends for so long can be hard, but there's nothing better than being reunited. While you haven't been there for each other's college experiences, seeing each other again is like picking up where you last left off.

6. One Word. Chores.

They may not be labeled "chores", but guaranteed you're doing them in one way or another. Doing the dishes, laundry, and cleaning the house somehow get a lot easier for your family when you come home, because now they can make YOU do them!

7. Everything is Free Again

The days of paying for food, laundry and rent are over (sort of). Chances are you're not paying your family's grocery bill which is a win for you considering you ran your bank account dry this past semester.

8. You Get to Sleep in Your Own Bed

Sure, dorm beds are pretty comfy, but they've got nothing on your bed back home. Having your own bed and room again make sleeping a whole lot easier and a whole lot more frequent.

9. Family Fights Return

It's pretty easy to get along with your family when the only communication you have is over text and phone calls; But, living with your family again is completely different situation. Living with your family again can be pretty challenging at times, considering you've been on your own for close to a year. Needless to say, fights are bound to happen.

10. There's No Place Like Home

Living without your family and away from home can be fun for awhile, but coming home makes you realize just how much you've missed it. There's nothing better than being surrounded with the people you love and getting to spend time together after months apart. Coming home from college can have its challenges, but seeing your family and loved ones again makes it all worth it.