Why Cape May, New Jersey Is The Best Beach Town

Welcome to the nation's oldest seaside resort!

683

Everyone has their beloved beach town. There are so many to choose from, especially in New Jersey alone. Between Wildwood, Sea Isle, Ocean City and Avalon, to name a few, each town is special for many reasons. Out of all of these wonderful destinations, I believe Cape May is the best. Cape May is unique. It is not like your average beach town. It is "America's oldest seaside resort," of course! Here are just a few reasons why Cape May is the best!

1. The Atmosphere

Cape May has an atmosphere like no other. It is perfectly quaint.

2. The Beaches Are BEAUTIFUL

The Cape May beaches are smaller than others and in the best way possible. Whether it be The Cove, Queen Street or Poverty, everyone has their cherished beach.

3. The Washington Street Mall Is The Best Place To Be

Every Cape May goer knows that the best place to be on a warm summer night is the Washington Street Mall. Whether it is for some fudge, ice cream or shopping, it is the ultimate place for some nighttime fun.

4. It Is SAFE

Cape May is safe. You never have to feel nervous walking around town! Cape May has phenomenal employees with a number of police officers, lifeguards, EMTs, and fire fighters.

5. The Restaurants Serve Delicious Food

The food is all around delectable, and who does not want dinner with a view?

6. The Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts Are Charming

Enjoy your stay at one of the beautiful hotels or at a dainty bed and breakfast!

7. It Provides The Most Magnificent Sunsets

No description needed.

8. It Is Home To The Only US Coast Guard Training Base In America

It is always an honor to see the Coast Guard recruits running through town.

9. It Is A Small, Close-Knit, Family Oriented Town

Cape May is a great place to just relax with some family and friends. It is very calm and low key compared to other more crowded and bustling beach towns.

10. There Has Been Some Frequent Celebrity Sightings

From Kevin Jonas to Tina Fey, Anne Hathaway, Guy Fieri and Taylor Swift, celebrities have been frequenting Cape May.

11. There are activities for all ages

With a variety of activities for all ages, you will never be bored in Cape May. Whether you want to parasail, bird watch or climb the lighthouse, there is always something to do in town!

12. It Is Simply Wonderful