Why Brooke Davis Is My Inspiration

Why Brooke Davis Is My Inspiration

She's "one in a million."

127
Why Brooke Davis Is My Inspiration
YouTube

Brooke Davis taught me so many different life lessons throughout her appearances on the television series, "One Tree Hill."

Although the series ended years ago, the strength and growth that her character exhibited throughout the show continue to inspire me to this day. At the start of the series, Brooke was a self-absorbed teenager who was promiscuous and self-conscious. Throughout her teenage years and young adult life, she grew into an individual that I admire and look up to to this day. I have never felt such a personal connection with a fictional character, but I relate to Brooke in many ways.

Therefore, I am inspired by her. Here's why:

She was strong.

Brooke Davis taught me many valuable lessons throughout the series, and I especially admired her character as I watched her grow from painful experiences she faced. Her first love cheated on her with her best friend- twice. She was attacked and abused, by not one, but two men throughout her young life. She was unable to get pregnant after wanting kids, and her mother treated her like a stranger. As anyone would be after such encounters, Brooke felt broken and disconnected from reality multiple times throughout the series. However, she always managed to pick herself back up, and focussed on improving herself when she lost hope. As someone who has been through an abusive relationship, I admired her for finding strength at a time that she didn't believe she had any.

She was resilient.

Additionally, Brooke's confidence improved significantly throughout the series. Throughout her high school years, Brooke often let boys take advantage of her, and she didn't value herself for the incredible person she was. However, after getting hurt multiple times, Brooke learned the importance of loving herself, and realized that her deserving better did not make her selfish at all.

She was an entrepreneur.

Brooke also became especially successful at a young age. She was dedicated to establishing her own clothing company, even after many fallbacks and issues she encountered in the process. By her early 20's, Brooke was recognized worldwide for her designs, and I admire her for her perseverance and dedication to following her dreams.

She was independent.

Brooke also realized the importance of not needing to be in a relationship in order to be happy. She learned not to expect others to be there for her, and focused on how she could be there for herself instead. Although it took heartbreak for her to realize this, she ultimately became a stronger person. Additionally, after both of her parents degraded her, she didn't let them walk all over her. Rather, Brooke focused on the people who cared about her and let their love help her find happiness.

She self-taught herself self-love.

Brooke overcame her insecurities by standing up to labels, bullying, stereotypes and insults. She learned to look past painful remarks, hold her head up high, and ignore anyone who insulted her. She grew past being self-conscious, and fell in love with all that she knew that she had to offer the world.

She was "one in a million."

Brooke Penelope Davis went from someone who "needed someone to need her back" to someone who could tell others that she was "one in a million." And for that, I admire her for all that she became. I do not typically put so much emphasis on and fall in love with fictional characters, but Brooke's growth was not fictional in my eyes. I hope to eventually be just like her and achieve strength like she did, for she will always be my inspiration.