Why I Believe That Everything Happens For A Reason

We might feel as if we're stuck in a hurricane, but there's always a rainbow that follows right after

236
Ashley Britton

There are many curveballs thrown at us in our lives that we never expected to see coming. This could be you didn't get the grade you were hoping to get on a test, your significant other broke up with you after being in a relationship for a long period of time, you didn't get the job offer you thought you were destined to get, and so on.

Many of these experiences leave us puzzled, and making us question, "Why me?"

For me, I believe that all of these things are happening for a specific reason.

We might not know it now, and we may never know, but all of these events are happening because they are meant to. Everything we experience helps build us up as people to continue moving forward for the next day, week, month, year, where we learn a lesson from something and apply it for the future.

Sometimes it's harder in certain situations to see this point of view, but know that this is only happening to make you a stronger version of yourself for the next time around.

If you were to ask me awhile back if I believed in the saying "Everything happens for a reason," I would laugh in your face and find any way possible to prove that it's not true. But after looking back on rejections from internships, arguments with family and friends, and even relationship troubles, all of these have transformed me into the person I am today.

It's impossible to live life without a few unexpected bumps in the road, and just because there are a few unexpected turns and bumps doesn't mean we have to immediately stop driving and see where the journey will take us.

Because at the end of the day, this journey could ultimately be helping us get closer to what it is that we want, even if we don't recognize it at first.

Things not going the way you originally wanted them to does not mean that you're a failure, or that your un-important. It means that maybe now is not the best time for you to be experiencing that certain thing and that maybe in the near future is when you were meant to have what you wanted. I

t could also mean that maybe you were never meant to pursue what it is you wanted, or that it really was never in your best interests to have that be involved with your life because it could have prevented you from becoming a stronger person.

So if you get a bad grade on a test, don't worry or freak out, because there will be more than you take, and one grade won't ruin or define you.

If someone dumps you, then maybe they weren't the person that you needed in your life, and you can grow without them.

Just remember that all of these things happening to you are only temporary but are also helping you, because they were meant to show you meaning about something as a way to help you move forward into the future.

You still have so much time to explore and discover who you truly are, so don't let one misfortune permanently label you.

Like the common saying states, "Every storm in your life is followed by a rainbow."