Why I Believe In Fate

Why I Believe In Fate

There's always a sign and a way to go.

7494
Why I Believe In Fate

Fate is kind of a funny thing. Sometimes you want to just sit back and rely on the fact that everything in your life will work itself out because there’s this thing called fate that means God brings you what you need, when you need it. And then there are times when you think like Blair Waldorf and say, “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” But then there’s a happy medium, where you chase your dreams but you know deep down God could drop anything on you at any moment. You get up and grind and focus and stay determined and you know that if you have a bad day or if you trip up, God will be there to catch you. You know that you work your hardest all the time but if you hit a bump in the road, it’s for a reason because nothing is unintentional, it’s all part of a plan.

Why do I believe in fate? That’s a question that often comes up in conversation with friends and strangers and everyone in between. Why bother relaxing if you’re not sure if there’s a greater force that controls everything? What if everything is random? I don’t believe that’s the case at all. I truly think that it’s so incredibly cool how we all have this totally crazy path that lies behind us that got us here, and there’s even more unexpected turns ahead of us. I think it’s so cool that every set of parents have a different story for how they met. My parents thought they had their lives planned out when they were younger but somehow God took them on a wild journey and plopped them right in front of each other in the middle of Manhattan.

Maybe that’s why I believe in fate. Because I hear the story of how my parents met and came to help one another grow and succeed and it absolutely warms my heart. The way my parents build one another up and always serve as support for each other is evident to me of fate doing its best work. Or maybe I believe in fate because I think of all the different plans I had for college and my career as I went through middle and high school and then I look at where I am now and it definitely feels like fate brought me here. Baylor is definitely my perfect fit school and I’m amazed at how God brought me here. He whispered to me that it was time to let go and move on. Let go of the people and the things that were holding me back and do what I always wanted to do -- go far away for school. He told me to get out and experience what was out there and I’m so happy I did. I feel that my time in Waco has for sure changed me for the best and I look forward to what the next three years hold in store.

I believe in fate because I believe in God and His plan. I believe that when God points in a certain direction, I should follow that path. I believe that you should follow your dreams but also be prepared to wake up in the middle of it all and find out what your real calling is. I believe that when you are given a sign you shouldn’t ignore it because it isn’t to your liking right now. I believe that you should allow yourself to free-fall and understand that it may be hard right now but there is always a tomorrow where the reason for why things happen could be revealed. And I believe that He definitely has a plan that you may not understand until you are on your death bed, but you are guaranteed to see the light and hear the click before it’s all over. Life is a puzzle, some pieces are just harder to put together than others.