Why Being Single Is Actually The Best

Why Being Single Is Actually The Best

Because the single life really is the good life, no matter the season.

17
Why Being Single Is Actually The Best

Prepare yourselves ladies and gentlemen, because I am about to drop some WISDOM on y'all. This article is about why being single is awesome, not why being single is "okay" or how to "survive" the holidays without a significant other. Sometimes, it seems like we are only trying to empower each other through single-dom in order to survive until we have found THE ONE, as if that time being single is some sort of purgatory we all must endure until someone saves us from our misery. And nothing could be further from the truth. Whether, it's Christmas, Valentine's Day, or you live in an igloo, here are some reasons why being single rocks.

You spend a lot less money.

Maybe at some point someone told you that a boyfriend is supposed to buy you all your meals, and your drinks, and random gifts all the time, but this is 2017 and that's whack. A (healthy) relationship should involve each person paying for different things. But either way, when you're in a relationship, you're still probably buying birthday gifts and Christmas presents and Warriors tickets when you could be saving that cashola for a Vegas trip with the homies.

You have the time and energy to do whatever the heck you want to do.

Even the chillest significant other will take up a good chunk of your free time and every healthy relationship involves making compromises, so you will most likely end up spending some time with his wannabe frat-star roommate or discussing the pros and cons of buying new Tory boots. But when you're single, you can spend all that extra time and energy kicking it with your besties, learning Jiu Jitsu, or actually doing your lab reports on time.

You are more emotionally available.

Again, even the healthiest relationships take an emotional toll. And most relationships are not 100% healthy 100% of the time. Being single can cause some distress when all you want is a solid cuddle sesh, but most of the time you will be dealing with a lot less nonsense and you can direct that extra emotional energy towards your friends and your family and your dog.

You develop better social skills.

Even if you and your significant other are the life of the party, you will still probably end up spending more time talking to each other than to other people. Also, I can almost guarantee that you two will spend a much larger amount of time watching The Office than you will hitting the town together. When you're single, going out usually involves meeting people and talking to the bartender and laughing with your girlfriends, which will all make you more confident, charming, and interesting.

You can focus on yourself and figure out what you want.

It's basically impossible to understand yourself when at least part of your identity comes from another person, and that is pretty much inevitable when you are in a serious relationship. When done right, being single gives you the time, space, and freedom to explore all of the little things that make you quirky and cool and wonderful. So get out there and start lovin' on yourself, you single lil badass you.