Why Being Happy Is The Next Best Thing For You

The key to being happy is to find yourself.

61
Broken On The Inside

Society, pressure, and stress often attributes us to not being happy and makes us feel that we are not important. However, there are some things in this world that makes us smile and appreciate the small things in life. Personally, I have found happiness by thinking and reflecting upon my childhood and how things were just so easy as well as right now in my life due to the fact that things are going my way for once! Being happy is more than just pasting on that fake smile to show your peers and the world that everything is OK. Usually, our response to people when they ask us “how are you doing”? is “I’m good, thank you". or “Everything is fine, thanks for asking”. And over time, we have convinced ourselves that this answer is our reality. People do not really want to know what is going on, especially since we live in a world filled with quick answers and responses. Not knowing the full truth might be beneficial for us in the moment, but in the end it damages us more than helping us.

By pasting that fake smile and assuming that our lives are “perfect” makes us more upset and/or depressed. I know when the toughness in our lives comes and haunts us, we would rather just hide and not confront our fears of disappointment or sadness. However, as a person, you are strong. You are beautiful. And most importantly, you are loved.

I believe that being happy is the next best thing for you; Who wouldn’t love to just go throughout their daily lives with no regrets?

That being said, isn’t there a study out there that says happy people live longer?

Happiness is a tricky concept to comprehend and find the meaning of because we have to find ourselves while loving our body, mind, and soul before we exuded that happiness to other people.

I know that being positive and happy is probably one of the hardest things to do and accomplish on a daily basis, but it is much more than just looking at yourself in the mirror and accepting the truth that lies before you. I know you probably have read articles that discuss being happy or how to find happiness. But this isn’t your cookie cutter article about rainbows and unicorns and all things happy or cheerful.

For me, being happy hasn’t been the easiest because I have constantly been on a roller coaster of emotions since entering college. Remember when your parents said that “college is the best four years of your life”? Well yes, it has been fun so far, but emotionally, I have lived in a world filled with fear and darkness. I have probably been the most upset and stressed out in my life.

We often see on Facebook, Instagram, or even Twitter people just expressing how happy they are and how they have captured that happy moment in their own lives just by using shortly worded captions and some aesthetically appealing filters. I know it might be sickening at that moment because you are not feeling the same way,but it doesn’t mean that you have to crawl back into that hole you have been living in.

Just as the Dalai Lama said: “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions”.

So instead of crawling back into that hole of a reality that is not pleasant whatsoever, do something that changes you and makes you realize that your life is worth something greater than what you know.

Makes some changes that will allow you to have that "ah-ha" moment and create a spark that ignites you to do better or even change your outlook on life.

I’m certainly not saying this will happen in one day, one week, one month, or even one year… but you have to take back that charge you have in your own destiny and just live life comfortably.

For any other words of advice, I have I turned to this one song that just makes me think deeper than what I have been experiencing for however long my funk has been going on for. This song has meaning and might make you cry. Even when I first heard this, my life got flipped turned upside down (no pun intended, for Fresh Prince of Bel Air fans)

Give this song a listen. It might inspire you do something could spark a domino effect. Or it might make you find yourself within the darkness that surrounds your judgment.

In the end… We Are Not Alone.

Sincerely,

-Yourself, a person wanting to be happy