Why Being Different Is Important

Why Being Different Is Important

Be yourself. Be different. The world needs you.

7605
Why Being Different Is Important

Why being different is important?

"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." Francis Phillip Wernig.

All people are different in a way. Each person has gone through different life experiences that helped to shape his/her personality. Experience gives people different characters and different attitudes towards things. That’s why they say experience is the best school. However, a lot of people are not comfortable being different. They always try to follow the crowd to avoid being judged even though they might have different ideas and different beliefs. They find comfort in being the same with the rest of people. So, is it really bad to be different than everyone else?

Actually, it's good to be different. Usually, people who think differently make a change in the world. Let's take Apple as an example. The main idea of the company from the start is to "think different." Back in the day when Apple first made the first personal computer ever; it wasn’t really good, but it was different. According to Steve Jobs, he described the first Apple personal computer as " revolutionary piece of shit" because the idea was a good and unique; and it had the potential to grow.

Here are a few reasons why being different is important:

1. It is less stressful.

If you're being you and not worrying about being different or what people might think or say about you, you're saving yourself a lot of stress.

2. It makes you more creative.

Being yourself allows you to really know why you like and what you hate the things you do. And once you know why you like what you do, you can dig in deep and express yourself in what you enjoy doing.

3. You will have better relationships.

If you're being yourself, you probably going to attract people that you really like, which is going to help to establish long lasting relationships.

4. The world needs you if you are different.

Change is always good. Usually, people who are true to them self and have a different way of thinking makes the difference in the world. For example, we have the electric car company, Tesla. Before Tesla, the world did not have a dependable electric car at a reasonable price. Thanks to Elon Musk, now we have environmentally friendly cars that are as good as the regular cars.