5 Reason Why I Want To Become An Entrepreneur

Why become a normal, everyday 9-to-5 employee when you can control your entire future?

110
Photo by Ryan Riggins on Unsplash

Ever since 7th grade, I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur. The thought of owning my own business has always been fascinating to me, and I told myself that at some point in my life, I want to make that dream a reality. Here are five reasons why I am passionate about becoming an entrepreneur:

1. I Can Do My Own Thing

The ability to do my own thing is a very desirable aspect of becoming an entrepreneur. Why force yourself to do a job that you only "kind-of" like when you can start your own business that is based around what you are passionate about and what truly makes you happy? And oftentimes, you aren't forced to relocate to a specific place to have the job of your dreams because you can start that job right where you are.

2. I Can Better Manage Priorities

Depending on the business type, an entrepreneur could better manage their time and achieve the best balance between family and work. This is a huge factor for me when it comes to my desire to be an entrepreneur. My biggest priority in life is my family, and they will always be put first in my life.

Those of you who watch Shark Tank will instantly see this as a red flag, because all of the sharks on that show make it very well-known that you have to be 100% dedicated to sleeping less and spending no time with family in order to be successful.

While this may be true for the people requesting investors, for my case this is just not true. Many people want to become an entrepreneur because they want to make large amounts of money, become a CEO, and be known as "successful" in today's society. For me, I simply want to make enough money to live comfortably and support a family, while also doing work that I love and am passionate about.

3. I Can Choose Where My Business Takes Me

When working for a major corporation, you have no control over the direction of the business or the decisions that it makes. By owning my own business, I would be able to control the direction of the business, make decisions, and ensure that the business is operating with values that I fully support.

With this, I know that the growth of the business is dependent on the amount of work I put in. In my case, I have no desire to run a multi-million dollar corporation; I simply wish to own a business doing what makes me happy and allows me to provide for my family.

4. I Can Live Outside The Box

Not everyone can say that they love their job, let alone that they own their own business doing what they love. I want to be able to wake up every morning and enjoy going to work because I do what makes me happy. I am able to do pursue my dreams the way I want and I am my own boss.

5. I Can Follow My Family Trend

My family plays a big role in my desire to be an entrepreneur. Roughly 10 members of my family have owned one or more of their own businesses. For me, it is very inspiring to see so many members of my family take the plunge to make a living out of what they enjoy and what makes them happy. I wish to follow this trend in some way, as I believe that being an entrepreneur is a life-changing experience.

The road to becoming an entrepreneur will not be easy. In fact, it will likely be extremely tough and will challenge me every day. Those who love what they do truly don't work a day in their life, becuase they make a living by doing what makes them happy. No matter what comes my way, I know that if this is the path for me, God will guide me and place me exactly where I need to be at the exact right time. I trust in His plan for me, and I will go wherever He leads me.