Why are Relationships a Convenience?

Why are Relationships a Convenience?

People fall in love but want to run when something is not going right.

1051
Why are Relationships a Convenience?
Drake and Rihanna

We live in a world where divorce and breakups are as common Pitbull being featured on a song. It happens all the time. When you have so much hope in your favorite couple, you find out they break up within the next year or so. I had so much hope for Drake and Rihanna being a power couple, little did I know they broke up within a month. Why do couples never last in this new generation? If you rewind back in time, divorce was frowned upon by everyone. If you are Indian like me, divorce is not even an option in the culture unless you want to be shamed by everyone. It is embarrassing to family members and friends. The funny thing is, most older generations Indian couples were planned or arranged. These people had no option but to marry each other, yet they still stay together without divorce their whole lives. It may sound like an unhappy lifestyle, but I respect the fact that two people who don’t know each other can forcefully fall in love with each other and stay together till the end of time. Divorce is not a solution. Working out things in private is the solution.

So what is my point in all of this?

In this new generation, relationships seem to be a convenience. People fall in love but want to run when something is not going right. Communication is completely ignored. The cell phone really changed the world to the point that you cannot trust your significant other, and your mind wanders around to think they might be texting or calling someone else because they HAVE that option. Let me remind you that when cell phones really messed up the relationship world. Back when there were no cell phones, people had a harder time cheating. Instagram wasn’t around for a guy to look at other girls and DM them. They did not even have an option to contact each other. Fast forward to our generation, we have the biggest factor if infidelity right in our hand. This small device is the cause of side pieces.

Back to the point, people do not want to work things out. People run because they do not want to face the hardships. Communication is weak because people do not talk everything out. Things are hidden, lied about, or just not up for discussion. If two people that were forced to be together can work things out for a lifetime, why can’t this new generation of humans do the same? Relationships are a convenience for the time being. I find that many just want someone to give them attention and time, but do not communicate and figure out if they really do want to be together. Some people start out strong, and only stay together because they are attached to each other and can’t let go. They end up being unfaithful because they are not emotionally attached to the other person. Everyone seems to fear honest communication. If someone finds something they don’t like about their partner, instead of trying to compromise and solve the issue, they run.

Instead of making a surface connection with someone, make a partnership connection. I believe that brutal and honest communication is the best solution for a relationship. Also, stop running from your fears in a relationship. Running is a sign of convenience and fear.